MLB Discussion

pretty cool little story about rule 5 pick Wei-Chung Wang on the brewers team.  20 years old Taiwanese pitcher, got his first MLB paycheck, first MLB game and saw snow for the first time yesterday

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140414&content_id=72062880&notebook_id=72062884&vkey=notebook_mil&c_id=mil

Had no idea that was a wwe thing.

Know we moved on, but if anyone cares, the condition for a player's BA to be higher than BABIP is if:

HR(AB-H) > H(K-SF)

So this will happen to players who hit a high ratio of HRs and SFs to strikeouts. I guess the reverse would be true as well -- a player with a ton of strikeouts with fewer HRs and SFs will show an artificially high BABIP relative to average (although it sounds like this players average will just be shitty anyways).

Just got back from the whitesox/redsox game. COLD AS FUCK. It was high 20's and windy and at one point snowing just a tiny bit.

It was a good game but I was bummed that Pedroia didn't start because he's my favorite player. As soon as Napoli slid into second, he knew immediately something was wrong but reading reports now saying it's not broken.