MLB Discussion

Contrasted with the makeshift Braves rotation which has only given up 16 ER and an overall 1.80 ERA (in four fewer games), but that's a 59 run difference. Sheesh.

Just doing some quick math that puts them on track to allow 715 ER in a season. Twins last year gave up the most at just over 500. (I didn't realize how good of a pitching year overall last year was)

Still a bit surprised to see the brewers that high I the power rankings. It's essentially the same team they've had for a couple years. Gomez seems to have stepped up but I don't think he will continue at this level. Starting pitching doesn't wow you.

Just don't see it. Like their chances of making the playoffs, but I like Tigs more (and the cards, and the Giants, and the Braves, etc.)

Did they do some sort of MIB mindwipe thing this offseason cause it seems like everyone is breaking fingers sliding into bags.

like four guys in one week, right? crazy. then brett anderson fractured his thumb. so five broken/fucked-up thumbs already.

Stoked that the Astros are calling Springer up this early in the season. Just the first of many exciting prospects that are coming up over the next couple season. I can't wait for Carlos Correa to show up, he's going to be a star.

my offense needs a spark. i've stashed springer til now in every league but the VC one and i hope he's it!

Haven't been here in a while. So 2 things are on my mind.

1. Shea Stadium opened 50 years ago and this article encouraged me to share a memory: http://www.amazinavenue.com/2014/4/17/5626434/mets-shea-stadium-50-anniversary

My favorite memory of it will be when my Mom and I went on her last birthday to a Mets-Red Sox game back in 1999. Mike Piazza hit a 5,000 foot home run in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game. While the Mets lost (doing what they do best lately) in extra innings, I will never forget that moment of euphoria. Really glad that was the last game I went to with her.

2. Carlos Beltran was named player of the week in the AL, and in the shower recently I had on the brain-dead Mike Francesca (because I hate changing my shower radio and I'm a masochist.) So a bunch of Mets fans are calling up and irrationally spewing Beltran hate again. I mean I don't think there is another Met player who attracts more irrational hate than that man. It drives me nuts. If the Yankees win the World Series this year Beltran getting a ring will be my only silver lining. Mets fans and their oof-worthy arguments.

why is it so hard to get more than a 30 second "recap" of a game? espn, mlb.. it's bullshit how little video they actually provide. maybe 3 highlights strung together, doing absolutely nothing to convey the actual game that took place. and as far as the individual highlights go,

hey! here's the final strike of the game! not, the at-bat or anything. no way. but here's the questionable call that took place, the whole 4 minutes of review, and narrated by each team's television and radio announcers.