MLB Discussion

Really glad the Angels beat the Dodgers last nite. Im so sick of Dodger fans around here thinking they already won the WS cause their medicore team is playing well for a few months.

Also, cant wait for Trout to have enough ABs to start qualifying for the league leaders in stats. He's going to be near the top in a lot of categories once he qualifies in a week or 2.

In just 40 games he's had 57 hits, 35 runs, 10 doubles, 3 triples, 6 HRs, 15 SB (tied for league lead) and has a .354/.412/.565 slash line. Im becomming a huge Trout fan boy haha.

Yea Trout is definitely the better of the two right now. Harper does get more headlines though.

I know my opinion is biased but Id take Trout over Harper. I just think he can do more things to win a game.

Im just anxious to see his name among league leaders once he gets enough ABs.

Both guys should be in the ASG this year. Probably wont happen though.

We've been waiting on Trout for a couple years now. He raked in every level of the minors so it's nice to see him come to the bigs and continue to dominate. Seems like almost every night he's getting on base multiple times, taking extra bases, stealing bases, scoring runs, making great defensive plays. He literally does everything you need a player to do to help you win games. He's an unbelievable player and I feel really lucky that he's on "my" team and I get to watch him play and develop. The only thing I can think of to complain about is his walk/K ratio but whatever he's only 20 and he'll learn how to be even more disciplined at the plate. He's already light years ahead of most players his age and he is a relatively patient hitter. Nice bonus for him that he gets to learn from Pujols now too. I just cannot say enough about how great this kid is.

Very very true, I really had to try and think of something to complain about with him. He's still pretty "raw", you can tell he's got a lot of room to improve which is kinda scary haha. Especially on defense, he doesnt know how to take the correct routes to balls. He's just so fast right now that he can make up for that and still make all the amazing plays.

It figures Im sitting here talking about how great he is yesterday and then goes out and doesnt have a very good game.

my bad... well he went until the 6th before giving one up. still pretty damn good.

didnt catch any of the game last night, except for the 8th- when punto got his second hit of the inning, providing their 5th and 6th runs of the frame. refreshing to see them actually flash some offense for a change.

I read this on ESPN.com today, I thought it was pretty funny.

On Sunday morning, the Angels hitters gathered in a Coors Field conference room. The topic of the day was how they were going to attack the pitching of 24-year-old Rockies starter Christian Friedrich.

Mike Trout turned to Albert Pujols for his thoughts.

Pujols, who had never faced Friedrich, started to mumble some generalities gathered off video and a scouting report. Trout volunteered that he had faced Friedrich last season in Tulsa while playing in the Double-A Texas League.

“I’m like, ‘Are you serious? You’re asking me?’ “ Pujols said. “And he said, ‘I’m just checking on you to make sure you’re doing your job.’"

what exactly was so masterful about this perfect game vs any other perfect game? people keep saying it might be the best performance ever... but he needed more pitches to do it than anyone else.

also, pedro vs. the yankees.. 17 k's, 0 walks, 1 unfortunate hit against a team that won 125 games the year before. cain threw it against a team with a 26-37 record.

Because they are basing it off of game score. Pedro's game score wasnt as good as Cains was. As for an "unlucky" hit, it was a homerun by Chili Davis, not exactly a blooper past the second baseman. So Cain pitched a better game, cause you know no one got a hit, or a home run. also the Mariners have the most wins of all time with 116 in 2001 so I dont know where you got the 125 wins from.

Because they are basing it off of game score. Pedro's game score wasnt as good as Cains was. As for an "unlucky" hit, it was a homerun by Chili Davis, not exactly a blooper past the second baseman. So Cain pitched a better game, cause you know no one got a hit, or a home run. also the Mariners have the most wins of all time with 116 in 2001 so I dont know where you got the 125 wins from.

this.

also, it was only beat by one other performance, Kerry Wood's 20 K 1-hit game, considered to be the greatest pitching performance ever

yeah, my post was proven retarded almost immediately.

i didnt realize the one hit was a homer. nor did i realize he plunked knoblauch to start the game (i hated that little turd. pretty much the same way i hate swisher.)

going back to valid points.

i dont see how people can say that this is the best ever, when koufax struck out just as many, with less pitches, against a team with 3 hall of famers.

Hall of Famers go 0-3 just as easily as one who doesnt. If someone no hits the A's are people going to be impressed cause Manny is going to be in the HOF? I dont buy that as a reason to why his game was better. Look at Pujols right now, he struggled terribly early on this season, but can still have a great season and is on his way to the Hall, does that make no hitting him in April any better? Now Im not saying that Cain was better last night than Koufax, just saying that Koufax wasnt better than Cain. Thats also without getting into the debate that you need much more talent today to make the majors than you did back when Sandy pitched, which is a debate I dont wanna get into.

the only thing im questioning is why anyone is so quick to dub THIS one so special. its the 5th in 4 seasons, yet THIS one is questionably the most impressive pitching performance of all time.

what am i missing??