MLB Discussion

I think Wright should be the starter at 3B but I think Melky deserves to start in LF, he's having a huge year.

I think Trout should be starting over Granderson and I think Trumbo should be starting over Bautista in the AL too. Hopefully Trumbo is in the Derby though.

The All Star game is cool and Im fine with all teams being represented but with that being the case you cant make it determine home field in the WS. Thats just stupid, I dont think anyone really believes that a good idea. Its an exhibition game, the outcome shouldnt determine anything.

David Wright and Ryan Braun got hosed. I know they're on the team but how are they beat out by Sandoval and Cabrera. NL roster is awful. And this bullshit game determines home field advantage in the World Series. When is Selig gonna man up and realize this is a dumb idea?

The All-Star squads should be picked by the players and GMs and then let the fans vote who should start from who made the team. The entire fan voting process sucks, No way Sandoval should have been voted to start, let alone make the team.

David Wright and Ryan Braun got hosed. I know they're on the team but how are they beat out by Sandoval and Cabrera. NL roster is awful. And this bullshit game determines home field advantage in the World Series. When is Selig gonna man up and realize this is a dumb idea?

because braun "used steroids"... had that never been known he'd have easily gotten more votes.

because braun "used steroids"... had that never been known he'd have easily gotten more votes.

Braun wasn't voted to start because San Francisco stuffed the ballot box. When Freddie Sanchez finishes in the top 5 of 2B voting even though he hasn't played a game all year and Brandon Crawford finished second in the SS voting, something is wrong. Crawford is batting .232 with 1 home run and 23 RBI, is 22 overall at SS in Fielding Percentage and is third overall with 12 errors. That is not all-star worthy but thankfully he didn't get voted in to start.

I didnt think Santana was an ace and yes, Haren has been better for the most part than Santana this year. Both have had horrible years.

Santana has the stuff to be an ace, he just has no consistency. When he's on he's got absolutely nasty stuff, but when he's off he's WAY off and you really never know which version of Santana you're gonna get when he takes the mound.

When Haren is your #2 and Santana is your #3/#4 you should have a pretty good staff and the Angels do but those 2 guys have been extremely disappointing to say the least. Weaver and Wilson have been incredible this year and Williams and Richards have been better than expected. I never thought Santana and especially Haren would be the ones dragging this rotation down. I really think Haren is hurt. There's no way he just sucks this bad now.

I don't watch very many Mets games, but hasn't Santana lost at least 5 mph on his fastball?

Seems like the guys that perform in their mid-30s and beyond are what you would call "crafty". Guys like Carpenter and Halladay have a ton of pitches and locate them well. This is what is to be expecte of fastball-changeup guys like Santana (I know he had a wicked slider too).

Shit, I knew Haren was injured! Angels put him on the DL today for the first time in his career. He said he's had lower back stifness since spring training. I knew he couldnt just be that bad all of a sudden.

Hopefully Richards can keep up what he's been doing and Williams can come back soon. The All Star break should help a bit too.

Kate Upton was at Comerica Park last night. I thought about going downtown and parking in front of an exit on the off-chance I could catch a glimpse of her leaving.

I was talking in an earlier thread about how she grew up in my town the same time i did, yesterday I found out the girl I'm seeing was her best friend in high school... So weird.

Tiger's just need one of their players to step up and play to expectation and they will win the division (Fister, Delmon, Boesch, Avila, ugh...even Raburn if they are gonna keep running him out there).

Delmon may be starting something after this week and Fielder seems to have cranked it up a notch (not that he has been bad, just could have done more). That keeps up, they can make up 3 games over the next 80 no problem.

Fairly interesting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reds-farmhand-billy-hamilton-might-be-the-fastest-player-ever--has-104-stolen-bases-this-year.html

I'm sure this guy will be in the show eventually. Question is whether it is as an everyday starter/leadoff man or a pinch-runner maybe outfield replacement (assuming that is where he ends up). A guy who can run that fast has value, though.