MLB Discussion

verlander takes a no hitter into the 9th, and espn, espn 2, espn.com and mlb.com dont provide a look in. w.t.f.

I had that game streaming online while watching the Phils game last night. Dude is a straight up beast. Also the Phils have a six game win streak going, pretty stoked on that!

im not sure how to justify this, but the red sox DESERVED tonights walk-off. oh my god that felt great, and it just added fuel to what was going on at the other side of town.

Hah. Trout and Trumbo are panning out. What were the Angels thinking when they traded for Vernon Wells and re-signed Bobby Abreu?

Trout and Trumbo are my 2 favorite players on this team. Trumbo has turned into a legit all around hitter. He's doing everything well again that he did last year plus he's fixed all the things he didnt do well last year. He's hitting for average and power this year. I cant believe how much better he's gotten this year. Trout is just doing exactly what everyone expected of him.

No one knows what Reagins was thinking with the Wells thing. That was one of the dumbest trades in the history of the game. Wells for Napoli and then the Jays turn around and send Napoli to Texas. Ugh!

The Abreu extension didnt seem this bad at the time but the OF/DH/1B spots just got more and more over crowded with the signing of Pujols and the return of Morales. With the way Trumbo and Trout have played they are forcing Scioscia to play them both every day which is just cutting into Bourjos' playing time and there was obviously no room for Abreu. The Hunter situation and Wells injury really helped the Angels solve their own problems cause Scioscia didnt have to find a way to get Wells in the game all the time or play. No surprise that when you put this team's best players on the field every day that they start winning. I dont think its a coincidence that once Wells got hurt this team got hot.

The team Scioscia has been putting out there every day now is the line up that EVERYONE was kinda waiting on and its been working. Plus the pen has stepped up their game a bit (except for last nite).

Hopefully this is what we see going forward

Trout CF

Collaspo/Izturis 3B

Pujols 1B

Morales DH

Trumbo LF

Hunter RF

Kendrick 2B

Wilson/Iannetta (when he comes back) C

Aybar SS

I know Wells is owed a ton of cash and they need to try and get something out of him but at this point he shouldnt be anything more than a spot starter to give someone a day off.

brewers are so hurt. yesterdays game featured 2 of the starting 9 on opening day... Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks. The rest? AAA or Bench players. what a crazy 2 months this has been

Yeah its really been crazy. Its like every day someone else is hurt. I feel like if Braun doesn't get more rest he could end up like Ryan Howard at the end of last season. Ramierez is only mildly injured according to the reports, but its like every day there's a player I haven't heard of before playing. Even though they have been AAA/bench guys I feel like they've been doing fairly well for them being that type of player. However there's no way Hart and Weeks are strong enough to carry this team, we just got to hope that our defense steps up ie pitching(and no other pitchers get hurt) and we see more body sacrificing plays(even though they are the ones that cause injuries) like the Cody Ransom play on Saturday. I don't think Brewers will make it this year, but I'll still enjoy going to see them at games.

Yeah its really been crazy. Its like every day someone else is hurt. I feel like if Braun doesn't get more rest he could end up like Ryan Howard at the end of last season. Ramierez is only mildly injured according to the reports, but its like every day there's a player I haven't heard of before playing. Even though they have been AAA/bench guys I feel like they've been doing fairly well for them being that type of player. However there's no way Hart and Weeks are strong enough to carry this team, we just got to hope that our defense steps up ie pitching(and no other pitchers get hurt) and we see more body sacrificing plays(even though they are the ones that cause injuries) like the Cody Ransom play on Saturday. I don't think Brewers will make it this year, but I'll still enjoy going to see them at games.

after every loss now I wonder "what could have happened had Gamel/Gonzalez been healthy". Not that either were barn burners... but the line up would have been consistant. I read that they've had a different line up every day for the last week. Add Lucroy to that, too. of all the positions to lose a starting player, Catcher and SS are the two spots the brewers have glaring holes in the minors. at least the OF/1B/3B they have Hart/Green/Schafer/Gindl/etc to fill in as needed... been a mess!

Love Fiers, really hoping that he sticks!!!

I want to congratulate the Angels for coming out of such a terrible start to the season. Now it's going to be an interesting year (a lot of baseball left).

Yea so far both teams have taken 2 of 3 at home. Glad to finally see my Halos wake up.

I knew it would happen eventually, I was just hoping the Rangers wouldnt have a 20 game lead before the Angels figured shit out.

Angels bullpen went back to their old ways yesterday though, ugh....

after every loss now I wonder "what could have happened had Gamel/Gonzalez been healthy". Not that either were barn burners... but the line up would have been consistant. I read that they've had a different line up every day for the last week. Add Lucroy to that, too. of all the positions to lose a starting player, Catcher and SS are the two spots the brewers have glaring holes in the minors. at least the OF/1B/3B they have Hart/Green/Schafer/Gindl/etc to fill in as needed... been a mess!

Love Fiers, really hoping that he sticks!!!

Yeah I'm really impressed with Fiers, I'm hoping he's around for a while. The whole Lucroy situation sucks but can't harp on it. The only thing I worry about with both Hart and Weeks is they've both been hurt in some way this season. Also I don't really think Rickie Weeks has ever gone through a season where he isn't hurt in someway. So I worry about them, however I feel like OF we're pretty well covered defensively with Braun/Gomez/Morgan/Aoki. But I too would just like to see a consistent lineup but I fear that's how this season is just going to go, but maybe some of these younger guys will step up and really impress, you never know, it could happen.

Yeah I'm really impressed with Fiers, I'm hoping he's around for a while. The whole Lucroy situation sucks but can't harp on it. The only thing I worry about with both Hart and Weeks is they've both been hurt in some way this season. Also I don't really think Rickie Weeks has ever gone through a season where he isn't hurt in someway. So I worry about them, however I feel like OF we're pretty well covered defensively with Braun/Gomez/Morgan/Aoki. But I too would just like to see a consistent lineup but I fear that's how this season is just going to go, but maybe some of these younger guys will step up and really impress, you never know, it could happen.

it could, you're right! I really like Aoki!!! i've never been a huge weeks fan, and im sort of hoping that Gennett is an actual MLB option in a year or two, because I cannot stand watching Weeks strike out all the time, every year.

Just want to congratulate the Pittsburgh Pirates for having a record > .500.

Let's see if they can maintain that for a whole season. I've been waiting 19 years for this.

they were over .500 in july last year. dont start to congrat them until august or september. they wont stay over .500 if they're hitting .220 as a team

they were over .500 in july last year. dont start to congrat them until august or september. they wont stay over .500 if they're hitting .220 as a team

Yeah I remember last year people were getting excited early on in the season as well. So far as saying they thought they were making it to the playoffs....my how they were completely wrong.