MLB Discussion

My buddy said he read an article that said the 2013 Astros were the most profitable baseball team of all time.

well just look at their payroll, they are paying $16 million for their entire roster and that INCLUDES the 5.5 million being paid to Wandy in Pittsburgh, with only one player getting more than 1 million, thats Eric Bedard at $1.1 million.  Infact, the ONLY money owed at the moment next season is $5.5 million to Pittsburgh.  they dont have a single player under contract (for actual money, everyone is still in arb years so they're tech still in contract) next season.  they're averaging 19.900 fans a night a home, over 82 games, thats 1,631,800 fans for the season for a payroll of $16mil.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2013-payroll-salaries.shtml

talk about a franchise in complete rebuild right now

Yeah Im all about the trade. Needed to get something for those guys. Saves us money in the mean time, hopefully this kid we got in return pans out. Good luck with Byrd and Buck, two great dudes. As for Harvey, Hank and Marie felt exactly how I felt yesterday....http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M6tOnKh0EKc#t=69

they're driving to pittsburgh, thats so awesome to me for some reason.  "hey buck, lets hop in the car and drive to our PLAYOFF BOUND TEAM"

I dont understand why you are kicking shit on the team who just saved your ass catcher wise if Russell cant catch/needs a rest and an outfielder who has been producing very well.......

I dont understand why you are kicking shit on the team who just saved your ass catcher wise if Russell cant catch/needs a rest and an outfielder who has been producing very well.......

im not, I have been a pirates fan since the 80's when the brewers were in the AL, so, try again? 

• The player to be named the Mets are set to receive will be a "solid" one, and that could make an already-strong trade even better for New York, says ESPN's Keith Law (Insider-only). But Law also calls the trade a "truly all-in move" from the Pirates' perspective, noting that Byrd represents an enormous upgrade over the Bucs' right fielders, who have been dreadful this year.

what a night in the al east.

victorino drives in 7 of boston's 13 runs.

rays crumble and blow a 5-1 lead.

cano takes one off the hand. he's day to day, but i'm happy with every day he's out of the lineup.