MLB Discussion

Please tell me that someone else saw the play where Raji Davis hit an infield single and scored on the same play cause of the Sox inability to play as good as little leaugers.

Also, I remember that Uggla tried contacts that were supposed to make the red seams pop out a bit more a few years ago but he had a har time adjusting to them, so the eye problems have been happening for a while

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/walk-off-wasn-t-chris-young-game-winning-182059162.html

Not pictured - Sogard flying out deep on the track the batter prior. Ughhhhh

Tied btm 10 just now, Young robbed of a HR. An inch right last night and it's a walk off, an inch further tonight and it's a walk off

i remember the serious chaos surrounding his upper deck rookie card.. people were willing to pimp their sisters for one

in the defense of "people," i recently looked (because i have one) and UD griffey rookies rated 9 or 10 were going for a couple hundred dollars with a dozen bids. so i think they're still pretty valuable among collectors as long as they know they're in good condish.

Also, I remember that Uggla tried contacts that were supposed to make the red seams pop out a bit more a few years ago but he had a har time adjusting to them, so the eye problems have been happening for a while

interesting to know. it's interesting because his batting average tanked in 2011 and never recovered, but if these eye problems have been plaguing him since then, i wonder if lasik is going to bring back the uggla of '09.

in the defense of "people," i recently looked (because i have one) and UD griffey rookies rated 9 or 10 were going for a couple hundred dollars with a dozen bids. so i think they're still pretty valuable among collectors as long as they know they're in good condish.

I'm sure dmitri young has more than a few of them.

Weird to hear people talking about 10.0 rated cards. I'm used to comics, where wizard magazine used to publish a list of the 10.0 graded comics found each week, because they are so rare. I guess it's mostly just cause a comic is more complex than a baseball card.

Man the Brewers are locked in with Braun for a long freaking time (2021).

That number looks like it belongs in the title of a sci-if movie.

Wonder if the Brewers would call a mulligan if they could. It's still a really team friendly contract, assuming that even without the juice he can still hit 75%+ of what he has done in the past. Probably just wouldn't go that long with the years if they could. They are completely stuck with that guy for a long time though.

i'm looking to bet $100 that the benjamin in bill welke's pocket has joe girardi's fingerprints on it.

that game was fucking bullshit.

every. single. call. went in favor of new york. calls that didn't need to be made. calls that absolutely should not have been made. every one, in favor of the yankees.

like i tweeted earlier, i can only imagine mlb front office in the last week:

what can we do to reignite the sox/yankees rivalry?

well.. back then we just handed everything to the yankees with no shame.

PERFECT.

chuck-knoblauch.jpg

Alex Wood is straight dealing right now. Next season potentially a 1/2/3 Minor/Teheran/Wood rotation.. Is there a better fastball rotation out there?

Tigers? Are you just going based on velocity? Cause JV still throws hard, he's just been getting hit.

Rating based on wFB, tigers guys go scherzer (22.1), fister (7.9), Sanchez (4.3), porcello (-2.2), JV (-4.8).

Braves go minor (11.4), hudson (8.8), wood (2.2), Teheran (-.6), beachy (-1.1)?

Scherzer's fastball can't keep up with that number but JV has been rolling lately and getting that velocity back. I'd take he tigs for sure.

You're right, I would also put the Tigers ahead because of the experience. Teherans fastball isn't his best pitch but he's a 4/5 pitch guy that can locate all of them, so it makes sense that his saber metrics are lower. Scherzer is also having a career year. I think that he and Minor are comparable. Wood is still raw but his FB stats will be much higher once he gets a full offseason.