MLB Discussion

so lets say he does a live conference with the media and answers everything they want, every question, I am 100% certain there will still be people out there who say "yeah, but the way he said it, its not genuine" or some other bullshit statement like that.  theres nothing he can do to please everyone, no matter how he addressed this it will never be enough. 

when i worked for my college paper we told our staff writers they could never email interview questions to their source. why? because the source has time to craft his/her answers and make them sound exactly the way he/she wants them to. after reading a hundred articles a week i could figure out which writers emailed their sources because the quotes throughout the piece were so contrived.

this is how every press release public statement bullshit makes me feel. yeah, there will always be detractors, but i guess i'm a guy of high moral standing or something if i expect him to just play clean. and if he's not going to play clean, he should confess BEFORE he's caught -- and if he's not going to do that, at least he can sack up and do it WHEN he's caught. but no, he didn't do either. he DID throw people under the bus. do you think the guy who took his samples read braun's statement and was like, "alright, yeah, apology accepted." i doubt it.

he absolutely should have done a live conference. 1) if he actually apologized and was  sincere during it -- which you would be able to tell if he was -- it could help his image immensely. did you see everth cabrera's apology? dude cried, and i felt terrible for him. it's not to say that anyone who cries is being sincere, because actors cry all the time on command. but these guys aren't actors. 2) if he botched the live conference, with scripted lines his lawyer fed to him for certain questions and cryptic responses to everything else, he would simply continue being the scumbag he already is.

tl;dr i think it is 100% reasonable to not give any credence to braun's apology statement.

LOL ok  

no, I asked you what proof you feel you have to believe he's been using some sort of PED or whatever outside of the one failed test he has.  you dont get to just answer my question by asking me the same question back.  if you say you believe he's been using something outside of just 2011, then back it up.  if you can, which you probably cant.  im not defending Braun, but the hysteria around his admission is amazing.  I just am offering up my take on why he's doing what he's doing from a brewers fan perspective.  i'll still wear the chinese knockoff braun jersey I got for $40, knowing my point of view is about as worthless as yours or biglebowskis from earlier.

Obviously there isnt a failed test or something thats come out for anything before the 2011 season but I still dont believe him. Why should anyone believe anything he says? He's been lying for years. You think all of a sudden he's just going to come clean about everything he's done as far as PEDs? Does anyone reading this thread believe Braun only used at the end of that season to recover from an injury? I highly doubt anyone beleives that.

Bonds was never officially caught using but do you think he was clean his whole career? Of course not.

It's not "hysteria", Braun has gotten an appropriate reaction to his bullshit apology. You're offering one perspective, I'm offering another. It's not like either of our opinions are worth more than the others. I think its crazy to just all of a sudden believe what this guy is saying is the truth.

when i worked for my college paper we told our staff writers they could never email interview questions to their source. why? because the source has time to craft his/her answers and make them sound exactly the way he/she wants them to. after reading a hundred articles a week i could figure out which writers emailed their sources because the quotes throughout the piece were so contrived.

this is how every press release public statement bullshit makes me feel. yeah, there will always be detractors, but i guess i'm a guy of high moral standing or something if i expect him to just play clean. and if he's not going to play clean, he should confess BEFORE he's caught -- and if he's not going to do that, at least he can sack up and do it WHEN he's caught. but no, he didn't do either. he DID throw people under the bus. do you think the guy who took his samples read braun's statement and was like, "alright, yeah, apology accepted." i doubt it.

he absolutely should have done a live conference. 1) if he actually apologized and was  sincere during it -- which you would be able to tell if he was -- it could help his image immensely. did you see everth cabrera's apology? dude cried, and i felt terrible for him. it's not to say that anyone who cries is being sincere, because actors cry all the time on command. but these guys aren't actors. 2) if he botched the live conference, with scripted lines his lawyer fed to him for certain questions and cryptic responses to everything else, he would simply continue being the scumbag he already is.

tl;dr i think it is 100% reasonable to not give any credence to braun's apology statement.

Agree with this 110%

Im so glad he felt "vindicated" after his appeal was upheld. Let's not forget that he told people that the guy perhaps tainted the sample because 1) He was a Cubs fan, and 2) an anti-semite who hated jews. Yeah, after those emails leaked I lost what little chance of ever respecting Braun as a human again. Fuck you Braun.

Im so glad he felt "vindicated" after his appeal was upheld. Let's not forget that he told people that the guy perhaps tainted the sample because 1) He was a Cubs fan, and 2) an anti-semite who hated jews. Yeah, after those emails leaked I lost what little chance of ever respecting Braun as a human again. Fuck you Braun.

What emails? The players he "supposedly" said that to all deny that ever being said

I don't really feel like arguing. This says it better than I could try to anyways (someone else posted originally...reusing it).

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/ryan-braun-10-damning-quotes-slideshow/ryanbraunquotes1-photo-1374543144435.html

This is why when he says that he only used it for a short period of time to recover from an injury I don't believe him.

on a labor aspect of it, once he won his appeal, how could he then start saying "just kidding, gotcha, suckers!"?  he took the process through arbitration and won, and once he won that was his story and he had to go with it.  the union wouldn't have let him fess up the days surrounding the overturned suspension, and from there he just dug himself in

on a labor aspect of it, once he won his appeal, how could he then start saying "just kidding, gotcha, suckers!"? he took the process through arbitration and won, and once he won that was his story and he had to go with it. the union wouldn't have let him fess up the days surrounding the overturned suspension, and from there he just dug himself in

...ok, and?

I think he is saying its wrong that he lied but its ok he kept lying because he had no choice. It's sad that he worships this guy to no end. I don't see how anyone can worship athletes like that.

I hope I never have to see Nelson Cruz in a rangers uniform ever again and he didn't even go Braun on anyone

What emails? The players he "supposedly" said that to all deny that ever being said

What emails? Every major sports outlet has published the story about how he claimed he was an anti-semite. Christ, ESPN, Deadspin, Yahoo sports, and countless other have articles on it. The only two players to say that they didnt get the email are Votto and Tulo. Far from "all" to deny it.

im starting to believe that you must be some family member of Braun cause there is no other reason someone could defend him so damn much.

Tom Caron was on the radio today saying that regardless of the appeal process, ARod shouldn't be playing. He should not be having any sort of affect on this season of baseball, because he is sullying the integrity of 2013.

Because really, if the Yankees make the playoffs, and he does anything to help them win, WHO is going to be okay with that? Like, hitting a 3 run walk off shot to win a series. You're gonna tell me that people aren't going to fucking riot?

For the best interest of baseball, he needs to be removed for the duration of this season in the best interest of the game. Once this season is over, apply whatever comes of the appeal process to that.

I think he is saying its wrong that he lied but its ok he kept lying because he had no choice. It's sad that he worships this guy to no end. I don't see how anyone can worship athletes like that.

I hope I never have to see Nelson Cruz in a rangers uniform ever again and he didn't even go Braun on anyone

I do not worship any athlete.

But yeah that was my point