MLB Discussion

that was the only thing that pissed me off to much of any amount.  they're the team in the smallest market in the majors, and the smallest professional team in any of the major pro sports next to green bay.  so sure, finance makes sense, they're extremely limited on their revenue intake compared to most teams.  if they're basing MLB talent off of this season as how the talent looks for the brewers for the next five, sure, i'd give them a low score, but this season has seen a large number of every day names miss extensive time, and if Hart and Rami are healthy all year I doubt they're sitting at 59 wins right now let alone having the worst OBP for 1B in all of the majors (.259 over 3 players, almost 100 points lower than Hart's OBP avg over the last 4 years).  so thats not really fair to base 5 years off an injury-plagued season.  im typing more than I probably should... fuck

a friend of mine outside of milwaukee just got a phone call from Ryan Braun apologizing and talked to him a little bit.  apparently he approached the team with the idea and he's been calling season ticket, 20-game, 10-game and some other package ticket holders all day yesterday and today. 

seeing as how Olney, Law and Bowden jerkoff anytime they can talk about the Cardinals, they're of course the #1 team on their ranking.

in the cards' defense, their team IS really stacked. good players now, good players coming, good contracts for the most part...

the funniest part about the rankings is how much they've changed from their preseason power rankings (aka boston from #12 to #2 or something like that, angels #8 to #26? duuuumb) and they're probably going to change equally as much by 2014

Mike Napoli has now homered 3 times in the last two games.

His career September / October stats are unreal. His batting avg is 30 points higher in those months and his slugging is over a thousand. If he keeps this up, the Ortiz/Nap combo could very well be the new manny/Ortiz threat that already won us two.

And the fact that MIddlebrooks came back as strong as he did definitely adds to it.

Mike Napoli has now homered 3 times in the last two games.

His career September / October stats are unreal. His batting avg is 30 points higher in those months and his slugging is over a thousand. If he keeps this up, the Ortiz/Nap combo could very well be the new manny/Ortiz threat that already won us two.

And the fact that MIddlebrooks came back as strong as he did definitely adds to it.

Napoli has been a favorite (non-tiger) player of mine for a long time. His October stats are bad, though. .227 BA, over only 8 games. September stats are great and definitely stand out.

He's no Manny Ramirez, though. He's only got one year (2011) where that comparison is even remotely close. He's also not deserving of the positional cred that he received in the past as a catcher. Say he has another hot September and ends up with .270, 25 bombs, 95 RBIs. That's money from your catcher. For a first baseman? Probably about average, maybe a little above. He deserves to be judged against the big boys now.

It's just huge right now when the 5 spot has been in question all year. By no means am I saying he replaces manny, but now he's hitting like the threat that Ortiz deserves.

And there really is something about the beards man. Between him and Gomes, shit is wacky right now.

And I can't even limit it to them. 54 runs scored in 4 games is outrageous. I honestly cannot wait to see them at number 4 in espn's power rankings this week. God knows I could use the laugh right now.

He's a solid player, no doubt. Always liked the guy. Glad that he seems like he is going to be able to keep his career going despite that hip issue, which I believe there is no treatment for. It's also worth mentioning that he has about 100 less at bats than most other 1B this year. That can be spun both ways -- it's a negative he needs a lot of days off and doesn't have a place on the field during interleague. It's a positive that his overall stats are pretty good despite that.

Hottest Red Sox player right now has to Victorino, right? He's carrying me through the playoffs in fantasy baseball.

Ever since that 7 RBI game, yeah, he's also been in beast mode.

It's really just been something else following the dumptrucking that they've been on.

Again, it's every player on the team

Contributing. Pitching has been outstanding (not so much during this series, but starting has been ok, and koji has continues to be lights out), the batting stats are relentless, and where pedroia has struggled offensively, he's made up for with leather.

He's a solid player, no doubt. Always liked the guy. Glad that he seems like he is going to be able to keep his career going despite that hip issue, which I believe there is no treatment for. It's also worth mentioning that he has about 100 less at bats than most other 1B this year. That can be spun both ways -- it's a negative he needs a lot of days off and doesn't have a place on the field during interleague. It's a positive that his overall stats are pretty good despite that.

Hottest Red Sox player right now has to Victorino, right? He's carrying me through the playoffs in fantasy baseball.

Napoli has been brilliant since coming back from injury. Lucky enough to have them both.

gerrit looked good, too. with only 1.9 BB/9, if he can start striking out more than a guy per inning like he did last night, he's going to be a wrecking ball. averaging 6+ innings per game and throwing only 100+ pitches once? shit...

well he's got that curve/breaking ball that sits around 85/87 mph too