MLB Discussion

I think Hunter Pence is the best pick in that draft. He was the #9 player according to yahoo last year. If you get his floor, at pick 66 it won't be bad (something like 20 homers, 180 combined runs/rbis, .285 average). If he rips bags and hits over .300 again, it's an absolute steal.

Pitching is a little weak, though. Gallardo and Jimenez are not sure things to even be fantasy relevant starters. Gallardo's Ks plummeted last year and Ubaldo is a roller coaster.

Our rotation is going to suck this year. I honestly have no idea what to expect from us this year. With everyone we are losing I cant see us being above .500 which sucks. After coming off such a good year last year it would be great to keep building on that. ugh.

i think kluber and salazar are better than masterson and mcallister. you'll be decent enough. i wouldn't be surprised if ubaldo and kazmir fall apart elsewhere. it seems like mickey callaway has the magic touch, and maybe all this talk about bauer being revived is for real.

Callaway is unbelievable at what he does with pitchers. Homerism aside, I do belueve Kazmir and Ubaldo would have been good staying put here with him. He could have continue to do wonders with them. But I understand why they left - $$$

I think for me is goes Masty, Kluber, Salazar as our top 3 now in that order. I would love, love, love, to buy into Bauer being revived. but as a Cleveland fan I can never just jump into things like that. Im hesitant, Ive been forced to be hesitant because of our teams.

Who are your options?

i can choose up to 4 keepers. if i dont keep 4 then I get picks at the beginning of the draft. the only one I am keeping for sure is McCutchen. here is the rest of my people:

- Votto, Jay Bruce, Kinsler, Rios, Big Papi, Victorino, McCann, Gardner, Hardy, Kendrick

- Sale, Price, Anibal Sanchez, Moore, Lincecum, Milone

i left out some who im obviously not going to keep.

i can choose up to 4 keepers. if i dont keep 4 then I get picks at the beginning of the draft. the only one I am keeping for sure is McCutchen. here is the rest of my people:

- Votto, Jay Bruce, Kinsler, Rios, Big Papi, Victorino, McCann, Gardner, Hardy, Kendrick

- Sale, Price, Anibal Sanchez, Moore, Lincecum, Milone

i left out some who im obviously not going to keep.

I'm assuming you can keep whomever you want. So, I would keep Votto, Bruce, and Sale in addition to McCutchen.

maaaybbeeeee

and frog if I were to keep more besides Cutch I would keep the ones you said. im just so damn unsure.

I didn't even see that you had Price as well, so, i'd consider him as well. Are you able to make trades for draft picks?

In the dynasty league i'm in I was able to trade Jarrod Parker for a 6th round pick. I'm constantly making trades to improve my draft standing. No one else in my dynasty league can even come close to my keepers.

you keep up to 4 players, assign them to 1-4th draft pick.  if you only keep 2 players they are assigned to 1st/2nd rd, 3rd and 4th rds are only open to slot a keeper if you keep 3 or 4 players.

keepers set for 1st and 2nd rd picks can only be kept for this season, they will be unable to be kept for next year

keepers set for 3rd and 4th rd picks can be kept for this season AND next season, BUT if either player is kept for next season they are automatically slotted in to the 1st or 2nd rd pick and can only be kept for that season and will be unable to be kept the following season

basically it makes it so players can only be kept for up to 2 seasons and not hoarded for their entire career

Callaway is unbelievable at what he does with pitchers. Homerism aside, I do belueve Kazmir and Ubaldo would have been good staying put here with him. He could have continue to do wonders with them. But I understand why they left - $$$

I think for me is goes Masty, Kluber, Salazar as our top 3 now in that order. I would love, love, love, to buy into Bauer being revived. but as a Cleveland fan I can never just jump into things like that. Im hesitant, Ive been forced to be hesitant because of our teams.

You talking about his pitching or hip hop career?

haha hip hop career? did i miss something? i agree that if ubaldo and kazmir stayed in cleveland, they probably would've continued to be good strictly because of callaway. but now you can feel a little better knowing that wherever they go they will almost undoubtedly come down

I think Curt Young and The A's can handle pitching just fine

you keep up to 4 players, assign them to 1-4th draft pick. if you only keep 2 players they are assigned to 1st/2nd rd, 3rd and 4th rds are only open to slot a keeper if you keep 3 or 4 players.

keepers set for 1st and 2nd rd picks can only be kept for this season, they will be unable to be kept for next year

keepers set for 3rd and 4th rd picks can be kept for this season AND next season, BUT if either player is kept for next season they are automatically slotted in to the 1st or 2nd rd pick and can only be kept for that season and will be unable to be kept the following season

basically it makes it so players can only be kept for up to 2 seasons and not hoarded for their entire career

That's pretty fair way of keepers for your league. I run a draft league and an auction league. In the draft league anyone from the 11th round on can be kept, but only 3 players total can be kept and for no more than 2 years. In the auction league a total of 5 players can be kept, but their dollar value is increased by 20% from the previous years auction price. Any kept players can only be kept for a maximum of 2 years. For example, I got Will Myers for $4. I am going to keep him this year and his value will be $5. If I decide to keep him for 2015 his cost will me $6. I'm also keeping Goldschmidt who cost me $13 last year but will now cost me $16.

That's pretty fair way of keepers for your league. I run a draft league and an auction league. In the draft league anyone from the 11th round on can be kept, but only 3 players total can be kept and for no more than 2 years. In the auction league a total of 5 players can be kept, but their dollar value is increased by 20% from the previous years auction price. Any kept players can only be kept for a maximum of 2 years. For example, I got Will Myers for $4. I am going to keep him this year and his value will be $5. If I decide to keep him for 2015 his cost will me $6. I'm also keeping Goldschmidt who cost me $13 last year but will now cost me $16.

The key to any auction system is balancing the competitiveness of the league/skills of the managers with the system.

My league keeps 4, then 6, then we redraft. Does not matter if it is your 1st pick or a free agent. It works really well because we have some guys who we love to have in the league but are pretty much dead money. Having a short keeper cycle (3 total years) and simple rules gives them a better chance than some of the "dynasty" leagues, but it still allows someone to benefit from drafting players who develop.

Edit -- "Keeper" system

haha hip hop career? did i miss something? i agree that if ubaldo and kazmir stayed in cleveland, they probably would've continued to be good strictly because of callaway. but now you can feel a little better knowing that wherever they go they will almost undoubtedly come down