Vinyl at Show Merch Tables

I've never done this before

but I really really want the Boris JP Smile Vinyl

Going to their show tomorrow nite

Is it obnoxious or even feasible to show up at the venue when doors open (8PM) and just hit up the merch table?

Do the bands have their stuff out that early?

I feel like a dork but I figure the board members will understand

Thx

L

Depending on re-renty issues, I generally try to wait until the end of the show. I know everyone swarms the shit out of the merch table, but I hate hanging onto an LP all night or letting it sit inside a hot car. If not, first thing. I remember going to one of the last waxing shows, seeing the split with casket lottery and thinking, after the first band. Went back after bugs in amber, saw they had one left, dude in front of me bought it and I was screwed... I don't play games after that, lol

I've always done the buying before the show and then bringing it out to my car but the no re-entry thing screws things up quite a bit. About 2 or 3 years ago when I saw bad religion religion for the first time there was no re-entry and I assumed I could just buy a shirt at the end of the night so after they were done I went to buy one and they were sold out of EVERYTHING except one crappy shirt with only two sizes remaining. I was so pissed because they originally had a huge selection of merch.

Suggestion...Manpurse. I hate to bring a messenger bag with me, but sometimes it has to be done. I have an LP mailer inside the messenger bag and any records I buy I put them in there. Even if I get a little liquored up they are protected pretty good and you don't have to completely babysit them all night.

here's another tip, you don't want to be that guy that says "do you know what color that is?", "can i open it and see?", "can i possibly get this for free, i'm your biggest fan?" i was in line behind a dude at a Botch show and he asked those questions, the merch guy's answers were, and I quote "NO!", "HELL NO!" AND "MY BIGGEST FAN? I'M NOT IN THE FUCKN' BAND, I SELL THE FUCKN' SHIRTS! NO, YOU CAN CANNOT HAVE ANYTHING FOR FREE, WE'LL FUCKING STARVE!" funny as all hell. i bought the merch and laughed my ass off. then i went to the bar and bought him a drink for having awesome answers to shitty questions.