NFL Discussion

woo overtime.

games decided by a coin toss. fuck that.

I've already posted OT outcomes for the past 7 or 8 seasons somewhere in this thread, but, to recap, the team winning the coin toss doesn't really have as big an advantage as you might think.

Anyway, 5-0!

I don't necessarily like the overtime rules but to prove your point, the Cowboys ended up winning today even though they lost the OT toss.

I don't necessarily like the overtime rules but to prove your point, the Cowboys ended up winning today even though they lost the OT toss.

I agree that the OT rules are kind of iffy. There should be a better way to handle things, but, like I mentioned, the outcomes of OT games aren't as one-sided as they seem:

Regular Season (1974-2008)

Total OT Games = 436

Both teams had at least one possession = 304 (70%)

Team won toss and won game = 231 (53%)

Team lost toss and won game = 188 (43%)

Team won toss and drove for winning score = 129 (30%)

Game ended in a tie = 16 (4%)

Playoffs (2004-08)

Total OT Games = 5

Both teams had at least one possession = 4 (80%)

Team won toss and won game = 1 (20%)

Team lost toss and won game = 4 (80%)

Team won toss and drove for winning score = 1 (20%)

that was a pretty good game, great 4th quarter. It's just a matter of time before miami's wildcat gets dissected though.

Not when they change it up as much as they did tonite. They ran it in so many different formations with a bunch of different players. It was great to see the Dolphins play that great. Henne has got a rocket arm and played amazing for his 2nd career start. I just became a big Henne fan tonite, i hope he can keep it up.

that was a pretty good game, great 4th quarter. It's just a matter of time before miami's wildcat gets dissected though.

Not when they change it up as much as they did tonite. They ran it in so many different formations with a bunch of different players. It was great to see the Dolphins play that great. Henne has got a rocket arm and played amazing for his 2nd career start. I just became a big Henne fan tonite, i hope he can keep it up.

I dont think Pat White is going to factor in at all this year, but if Ricky Williams does end up retiring after this season, then Pat White will take the direct snaps instead of Ronnie Brown, and that dude is so explosive.