NFL Discussion

Indy has been the stingiest defense against opposing TEs but 28th worst against the run. So something seems a little off there. But yeah, Tamme.

I just dropped Tamme for David Thomas (Jimmy Graham's backup). If you have the option and Graham doesn't suit up, I'd play him over Tamme. They play in the same game so the timings work out for a last second move (assuming your lineups don't lock until gametime).

And if Felix Jones is starting you gotta go with him. I will almost always choose a full-time RB over a WR at flex position.

I dunno if the "total TD" thing is the best measure because there's a lot of factors like how deep benches are, how many players you start and how people do when you actually start them. Still 15 is crazy low. Looks like I have 36 and I'm 3-4.

for sure, but if your team is totaling 15, I'm guessing your benches are not too deep and there really isn't a question of who you are starting each week.

by the way, are any of the posters in here a part of the VC league? Just curious about next season because I enjoy all the regulars in this thread and would be fun to a. be part of that league or b. start a league if none of you all are in the current vc league.

i am in one. not sure what happened but i was under the impression that the winner would get records. that never happened last year so i guess it's more of a who is better type of deal. just for fun.

i would like to be in one where the top 3 would get something? i think we didn't do money because paypal wouldn't allow it. they saw too many gifts going to the same person or something. i could be way off the mark, but i would love a league that had some form of payout. i tend to pay more attention to league i have something invested in.

i am in one. not sure what happened but i was under the impression that the winner would get records. that never happened last year so i guess it's more of a who is better type of deal. just for fun.

i would like to be in one where the top 3 would get something? i think we didn't do money because paypal wouldn't allow it. they saw too many gifts going to the same person or something. i could be way off the mark, but i would love a league that had some form of payout. i tend to pay more attention to league i have something invested in.

I wonder if we could get a gift chain going next year. For example, I send my ex. $10 to you, then you would send my $10 plus your $10 to the next person and so on.

my record is 2-5. i'm terrible. i drafted an entire team is under-performers. and kevin smith. ever since i've had a revolving door of shitty RBs doing nothing for me.

eli manning

danny woodhead

daryl richardson

brandon lloyd

chris givens

jacob tamme

kenny britt

chargers d

lawrence tynes

bench

mjd - out

andre johnson - bye

alex smith

jacoby jones - bye

scott chandler - bye

isaac redman - probably out

montario hardesty

also... 14 team league.

my record is 2-5. i'm terrible. i drafted an entire team is under-performers. and kevin smith. ever since i've had a revolving door of shitty RBs doing nothing for me.

eli manning

danny woodhead

daryl richardson

brandon lloyd

chris givens

jacob tamme

kenny britt

chargers d

lawrence tynes

bench

mjd - out

andre johnson - bye

alex smith

jacoby jones - bye

scott chandler - bye

isaac redman - probably out

montario hardesty

also... 14 team league.

Ouch

its absolutely horrid. i figured with eli, mjd, and johnson, and even smith at the time.. that just having a few mediocre starters would be okay. but holy hell it has been awful.

the good news is that i'm in first place in my other league. where i have brees, peterson, gore, welker, decker, tony g, janikowski, pats d, bryant

so yahoo! fantasy gives predictions on what your record should be based on your initial draft, pretty cool! 4th and 22 was projected to go 7-7, so far im 5-2, booyahhhhhhhhhhh

yeah i would have to win the rest to match my proj record. i am actually the highest scoring team but i also have the 3rd highest points against so on some of my losses the other team had a freak week.

starters

daryl richardson

bench

mjd - out

starting richardson as well, got him off waivers 2 weeks ago and he is replacing mjd for me too. hopefully jackson receives less and less work.

I need 3

CJ2K vs INDY

Ridly @STL (London)

Rashad Jennings @GB

T. Richardson vs SD

Mikel Leshoure vs SEA

I am going to start CJ2K, but am having trouble with the other 2, so I guess I need 2.

Also, is it time to bench Stafford? He has shat the bed all season long. With the Seahawks coming this week should I start Palmer or Weeden instead? I still think Stafford can be great, but I feel like starting his as a match up based QB might be smart now. Ideas?

I need 3

CJ2K vs INDY

Ridly @STL (London)

Rashad Jennings @GB

T. Richardson vs SD

Mikel Leshoure vs SEA

CJ2K, Jennings, and Ridley. Trent Richardson's says he's fine, but wouldn't be surprised if after a couple carries his ribs are hurting again. plus he is playing a tough d and the same goes with Leshoure.

also i have no problem with starting palmer or wheeden this week over stafford. i'd expect the seahawks to do exactly what the bears did last week.

CJ2K, Jennings, and Ridley. Trent Richardson's says he's fine, but wouldn't be surprised if after a couple carries his ribs are hurting again. plus he is playing a tough d and the same goes with Leshoure.

also i have no problem with starting palmer or wheeden this week over stafford. i'd expect the seahawks to do exactly what the bears did last week.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking with the RBs and Stafford is getting the bench.

Between my starting D getting me 0 points and leaving 75 points on the bench between 3 players (Freeman, Martin and Mike Williams) I really need my starters to step it up. I could really use a 45-42 shootout between Denver and NO tonight since I have Peyton. Could also do with Norv not shafting Mathews when it comes to 3rd downs and goal line carries, but I'm less hopeful of that. Also, and I know this is a stretch, if Calvin can get in the endzone that would be ace.