NFL Discussion

Legit post I saw on facebook from so called cowboys fans yesterday after their loss. And I quote " Fire jason garret! Fire Tony romo! Get vince young he is free! They should trade romo for eli manning then we will win super bowls! Kyle orton can take us to a super bowl. Fire the kicker! Time to rebuild!"

And so on. I dont see how some people can claim to be a fan of a team and simply want to unload everyone for a new different team after a loss. Plus make illogical statements

Jason Garrett does need to be fired. The cowboys could have made their chances a lot better to win if a few things happened differently.

You don't hang your head after the incomplete pass for the 2 point conversion. You are still very much in the game at this time still. You have a onside kick coming up, get hyped because you might be back on the field in the next 2 minutes. Romo look defeated before the kick as did his o-line and dez.

That leads to the failed play calling with 30 seconds left. You have 15 seconds and a timeout left and instead of taking a shot, a little dump off screen, killing the ball, really anything you waste that time and wind it down for your kicker to attempt a 51 yard field goal.

Garrett accepted defeat after the missed 2 point conversion, then let his emotions get the best of him by not making smart play calls with 30 seconds and a time out left.

Garrett was never the answer for dallas. he was always part of the problem in dallas.

lost in both leagues, though I did make a strong effort... the league I lost by .40 points I had shoan greene on my bench. I had lost all hope in the jets offense and just left my standard RB combo of Reggie Bush and Jamal Charles... awesome that this week both are on bye weeks so have to start Greene and find another RB to pick up. glad I can drop Miami to make room

nothing against Green, but packers offense will be 75% passing, 20% running, 5% penalty for the next couple weeks. Green is someone you'd start if one of your stud RB's has a bye-week

Green still had 22 carries last week, even with that aerial bonanza. It's a tough call. Probably just wait and see what the fantasy writers think but still leaning towards CJ at the moment.

"New England has lost seven games since 2009 in which it held the lead with under five minutes remaining in regulation."

This.

This is why I knew they would lose that game on Sunday. It was just too obvious... time is waning, and all they need to do is get a first down or two, and the game is over.

Brady has seemingly lost the ability to just put games away. And it's the close ones. It's not about a huge touchdown pass to put the nail in the coffin either. It's just about continuing a possession and allowing the clock to run. But this never happens. It always comes down to a 3 & out, giving the opposition just enough time to score off a punt, with the Patriots left with far too little time to recover. It's becoming insufferable.

"New England has lost seven games since 2009 in which it held the lead with under five minutes remaining in regulation."

This.

This is why I knew they would lose that game on Sunday. It was just too obvious... time is waning, and all they need to do is get a first down or two, and the game is over.

Brady has seemingly lost the ability to just put games away. And it's the close ones. It's not about a huge touchdown pass to put the nail in the coffin either. It's just about continuing a possession and allowing the clock to run. But this never happens. It always comes down to a 3 & out, giving the opposition just enough time to score off a punt, with the Patriots left with far too little time to recover. It's becoming insufferable.

You could also spin this as "even when they lose, they lose close games". I bet you Buffalo or Saint Louis or a couple other teams have fewer than 7 games that meet your criteria while losing 2 or 3 times as many games, because they lose a lot of them by 2 or 3 scores.

Your team is the dynasty the 2000s. Maybe coming near the end of the run with Brady getting up there in age but, geeze, they make the playoffs every freaking year. I wouldn't be bitching about them losing some close games.

this was the first time since 196(6?) since a team has lost their first 3 games by 3 or less points. or something like that.

the patriots and falcons have each had identical seasons so far, and their records don't do a damn thing to show it.

i'm bitching about them losing close games because i'm truly starting to believe brady lost the ability to be Tom Fucking Brady. i know this sounds crazy, because most of my friends hate the patriots, and i have to listen to it from them year after year... but it simply comes down to the fact that they don't get it done anymore. sure, they won 3 superbowls (and it was amazing), but since then it's been one let down after another. especially since every letdown occurred with a team that certainly had the ability to get it done... and just didn't.

this was the first time since 196(6?) since a team has lost their first 3 games by 3 or less points. or something like that.

the patriots and falcons have each had identical seasons so far, and their records don't do a damn thing to show it.

i'm bitching about them losing close games because i'm truly starting to believe brady lost the ability to be Tom Fucking Brady. i know this sounds crazy, because most of my friends hate the patriots, and i have to listen to it from them year after year... but it simply comes down to the fact that they don't get it done anymore. sure, they won 3 superbowls (and it was amazing), but since then it's been one let down after another. especially since every letdown occurred with a team that certainly had the ability to get it done... and just didn't.

11707427-mmmain.jpg

yeah... i am.

that dude also needs to get over himself. hey, great job. brady talked shit to you, and you showed him whats up. you got in his face after you beat him, and let him know.

there's no need to take it to twitter after that. and then again. and again.