NFL Discussion

I started the chargers dst and Mathews and Floyd. Got a good amount of points from those 3. I just traded for hartline, but I was also able to pick up Cecil Shorts. Who would you guys play? I'm leaning towards Shorts if Tannehill doesn't play.

I agree if Tannehill is out so is Hartline in my book. Shorts has had a nice year so far too.

My guess? No money on the league. Even when I was playing with my best friends I couldn't get into a league without a prize.

yeah i figured it might be because of no prize, but why join in the first place?

also my browns fucking suck. i hope shurmer is gone after this year, shit maybe even the bye. i was listening to sports talk on my way home and they played the press conference from shurmer and i can't even put into words how bad it was.

ok so i am going to make the playoffs and i want to make a move for my team. i am trying to get a solid running back that has an awesome schedule the last couple of weeks. i tried getting ray rice and that fell through. my eye is now on marshawn lynch. does this seem like a good trade.

i would send over ahmad bradshaw and cj spiller and i get lynch.

so now my running back core would consist of doug martin, alfred morris and lynch.

Not a bad thought but unless you are done in week 15, I wouldn't. Lynch has SF in week 16.

Doug Martin has NO week 15. You are gonna love that. Morris has Cleveland and Philly 15 and 16. Not a cakewalk but not bad. Spiller has Miami and Seattle -- Not good.

I've also had this thought (trade for players with easier matchups in the playoffs, I'm 8-1 right now). I didn't see any good tier 1 running backs with two cake opponents. If you see any let me know (I didn't devote an hour to this). The best option might be Reggie Bush. He has Jacksonville and Buffalo when it counts. I couldn't get the guy in my league to trade me for him, though.

This week CJ2K @ MIA or Jennings v INDY

MIA is tough against the run, but CJ2K put up numbers against the Bears last week

Jennings has a better matchup though

This week I'm in a battle for 1st, so I'm trying not to leave many points on the bench

I'd roll with Jennings. You could argue CJ got "lucky" (did pretty much nothing all game then broke an 80 yarder) but hey, that's what is game is about. It's hard to really say it's lucky when he has broken long ones fairly consistently for the past 4 weeks or so.

But anyways, if I really can't decide on a matchup, I play the guy with the Thursday night game. Let's me watch and root for him. That's why I chose TY Hilton for tonight in a bad bye week. Plenty of other buzzy WR to choose from (Emmanuel Sanders probably would have been next) but if I can't distinguish them, I play the guy on Thursday.

Not a bad thought but unless you are done in week 15, I wouldn't. Lynch has SF in week 16.

Doug Martin has NO week 15. You are gonna love that. Morris has Cleveland and Philly 15 and 16. Not a cakewalk but not bad. Spiller has Miami and Seattle -- Not good.

I've also had this thought (trade for players with easier matchups in the playoffs, I'm 8-1 right now). I didn't see any good tier 1 running backs with two cake opponents. If you see any let me know (I didn't devote an hour to this). The best option might be Reggie Bush. He has Jacksonville and Buffalo when it counts. I couldn't get the guy in my league to trade me for him, though.

yeah i saw that but the guys i would be giving up don't have the best matchup on week 16.

i think i just might do it. i am trading with a team that needs to win now so i might be able to make a better move.