NFL Discussion

I dont even know what to say. I got an ESPN alter on my phone while at work tonight. Told the guy I was working with and we just were speechless. It is unbelivable to see the orginization basucally saying "eh fuck it." I have seen bad organizations (especially with the Browns) have horrendous seasons but to see this....its amazingly bad.

I second what another guy sad about the Jags but for the Browns. Haslem, Banner and the lot of them had better start paying me to come tot he games.

new GM, new coach, I think its a smart move for this franchise, load up on picks for next spring, get your franchise QB in Bridgewater/McCarron (if he wins a 3rd consecutive NCAA title he'll be one of the top 2 QB's drafted), draft a couple WR and OL, draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round, this is the smartest thing the Browns could have done.  the AFC North isnt that good, a draft reboot could thrust the browns atop the division. 

I don't think browns fans should be upset. This wasn't going to be the year anyway, so just look forward to what next years draft will bring.

Though I do understand the fact that you only got 2 weeks of professional football before the white flag was waived.

Espn tweeted earlier that Richardson has two carries of 20+ yards. That shit is weak.

Espn has the Chiefs as the number 1 worst team a QB could face this year and Washington as the best.

I have to choose between Vick and Stafford. Without factoring D, I'd go Vick.

I have the same problem. I'm choosing between Vick and RG3. I was going to switch to Vick this week but that KC defense has me worried.

I don't think browns fans should be upset. This wasn't going to be the year anyway, so just look forward to what next years draft will bring.

Though I do understand the fact that you only got 2 weeks of professional football before the white flag was waived.

Espn tweeted earlier that Richardson has two carries of 20+ yards. That shit is weak.

Yup..  I love the Browns and cheer them every year, every losing week, to every losing season.  I was pumped about the trade yesterday.  The biggest problem in Cleveland, is that our fans care more about the player than the team.  Richardson was a household name in college and had a reputation as a great back.  He succeeded in college largely b/c he had a stellar o-line.  He had a mediocre line in Cleveland and it affected his running style, and his overall game.  Fact is, he only had 950 rushing yards last year and only 102 yards in 2 games this year.  He was on pace for what, 816 yards this season??  That is not the kind of production you expect out of the 3rd overall pick.  He was on his way to being a bust here.  He may have a career in Indy, but he was failing here.  People are surprise by this but when you get a new front office and a new coaching staff, first thing to happen is cleaning house.  A team that desperately needs help, just added a first round pick to their draft.  No team is aligned to succeed until they have thier franchise QB.  Hopefully this trade helps us find a QB next year.

Also, my last point...  Buffalo only got a 4th round pick from Seattle for Marshawn Lynch who is superior to Richardson right now.  We got a hell of a draft pick (even if it ends up late 1st round) for an unproven player, who has yet to even eclipse 1000 yards on the ground in one season.  People are freaking out like we ditched a 1800 yard rusher with 12-16 td's per year. 

Also, my last point...  Buffalo only got a 4th round pick from Seattle for Marshawn Lynch who is superior to Richardson right now.  We got a hell of a draft pick (even if it ends up late 1st round) for an unproven player, who has yet to even eclipse 1000 yards on the ground in one season.  People are freaking out like we ditched a 1800 yard rusher with 12-16 td's per year. 

THIS!

Its hard to understand why after two games they are going to tank it.  I dont know if there is any explanation that will justify this thought to the fans.  My only guess is that they knew all along that these guys (Weeden & Richardson) didnt fit their system but wanted to what they had and if it would possibley work.  Key factor was that Richardson never saw a handoff in 2 games in the 4th quarter this year.  They said they wanted to keep him fresh.  Now we know why.  My sadness is that I am going to waste every Sunday watching them, knowing that the coaching staffs best interests arent out there on the field.  Its safe to say that the busiest group in Berea now, is the scouting department.

Lions d was mentioned.

Great D-line. One good corner (Houston), decent safeties, awful linebackers.

Take that to sum up to an OK defense. I wouldn't be scared to start players against them, but I wouldn't target them either. It's a really great team for a #2 WR (speaking from an NFL team perspective) to go up against. Chris Houston isn't going to do anything against really tall receivers either.

I'm not a Chiefs fan, but as a Broncos fan we see then twice a year, and get a lot of Chiefs games on TV. They are good this year, but Smith still has not taken shots down the field as much as I would have hoped. With that said, the Eagles give up a lot of points. I would start Luck over Smith. I think you have to start Charles and Jackson, unless you have better options (which is unlikely).

I'm really tempted to start Alex Smith, it's a two QB league and my other starter this week is Stafford against the awful Redskins secondary. The guy I'm playing against is starting Aaron Rodgers and EJ Manuel so I feel like I have a little room to take a risk.

My biggest worry is just starting 3 players in the Thursday game, that's a lot.

I'm really tempted to start Alex Smith, it's a two QB league and my other starter this week is Stafford against the awful Redskins secondary. The guy I'm playing against is starting Aaron Rodgers and EJ Manuel so I feel like I have a little room to take a risk.

My biggest worry is just starting 3 players in the Thursday game, that's a lot.

totally go Smith/Stafford. 

Yup..  I love the Browns and cheer them every year, every losing week, to every losing season.  I was pumped about the trade yesterday.  The biggest problem in Cleveland, is that our fans care more about the player than the team.  Richardson was a household name in college and had a reputation as a great back.  He succeeded in college largely b/c he had a stellar o-line.  He had a mediocre line in Cleveland and it affected his running style, and his overall game.  Fact is, he only had 950 rushing yards last year and only 102 yards in 2 games this year.  He was on pace for what, 816 yards this season??  That is not the kind of production you expect out of the 3rd overall pick.  He was on his way to being a bust here.  He may have a career in Indy, but he was failing here.  People are surprise by this but when you get a new front office and a new coaching staff, first thing to happen is cleaning house.  A team that desperately needs help, just added a first round pick to their draft.  No team is aligned to succeed until they have thier franchise QB.  Hopefully this trade helps us find a QB next year.

Its hard to understand why after two games they are going to tank it.  I dont know if there is any explanation that will justify this thought to the fans.  My only guess is that they knew all along that these guys (Weeden & Richardson) didnt fit their system but wanted to what they had and if it would possibley work.  Key factor was that Richardson never saw a handoff in 2 games in the 4th quarter this year.  They said they wanted to keep him fresh.  Now we know why.  My sadness is that I am going to waste every Sunday watching them, knowing that the coaching staffs best interests arent out there on the field.  Its safe to say that the busiest group in Berea now, is the scouting department.

Basically all of these. Grantland put out a really good article that summed up that it was a good trade because 1) Indy needed a RB, so they became desperate 2) Sell Richardson now while he's still valuable 3) First round picks for next years draft will be very desireable because the class is stacked

For what it's worth, I'm starting Smith over Luck in one of my leagues.

In my money league, I need a receiver. Decided to try and buy low on Roddy White. He already has Randall Cobb, DeSean Jackson, and James Jones. Sending him Joique Bell and Mike Williams for White and Carson Palmer (need backup QB).

Basically all of these. Grantland put out a really good article that summed up that it was a good trade because 1) Indy needed a RB, so they became desperate 2) Sell Richardson now while he's still valuable 3) First round picks for next years draft will be very desireable because the class is stacked

I wouldn't buy into how next year's draft class looks. It's hard enough for them to evaluate talent after the full college season, the combine, and individual workouts. It might be easier to predict the weather on next year's draft day right now than the quality of players available.

I do agree with 1 and 2.

If he was the player he was supposed to have been coming out of the draft, they wouldn't be selling him. Minnesota might have been crap in '08 (not sure, just saying) but they sure as hell weren't selling AP.

Richardson just gets overhyped because he plays a position that fantasy players covet. All kinds of dudes are busts to mediocre players after being taken in the top 5.

I wouldn't buy into how next year's draft class looks. It's hard enough for them to evaluate talent after the full college season, the combine, and individual workouts. It might be easier to predict the weather on next year's draft day right now than the quality of players available.

agreed.

A kid I went to high school with is currently projected to be the first RB taken in next years draft. I don't really know him well (though I think we're friends on facebook) but it would still be pretty cool if he had a successful NFL career.