NFL Discussion

The Browns looked sharp again.  I know you can't put much stock into the preseason but it's evident that this coaching staff is working towards Weeden's strenghts, rather than trying to fit a squate peg into a round hole like Pat Shurmur did.  Cant wait for the regular season to begin!

Best time of the year to be a browns fan!

Well... this and the draft, haha!

Niners offense is wayyyyy too cute. They need to use the same play book they had with Alex, only now it would have more of a home run threat. At the very least, sustain some drives and keep the defense on the field.

Seriously. What bugged me most was that they had that one long TD drive where they ran it down Indy's throat and then basically abandoned it after that. Harbaugh is treating Kaep like he's been running the offense for years, he needs to simplify simplify simplify.

Seriously. What bugged me most was that they had that one long TD drive where they ran it down Indy's throat and then basically abandoned it after that. Harbaugh is treating Kaep like he's been running the offense for years, he needs to simplify simplify simplify.

outside of the GB game where he and Boldin abused the cornerbacks and safetys for 200 yards passing, he's looked pedestrian, at least in my opinion

outside of the GB game where he and Boldin abused the cornerbacks and safetys for 200 yards passing, he's looked pedestrian, at least in my opinion

It really comes down to a lack of clarity on offense. Week 1 they knew GB would try and stop the run so they didn't try all the cutesy bullshit with the read option, to great result. Week 2 the receivers were legitimately abused at the line of scrimmage, Kaep didn't play horribly and he sure didn't have any help. Last week you could tell he didn't have any confidence in the offense.

Looks like the Bucs are starting Glennon this week. I really liked Freeman and he showed crazy potential at times, but an 0-3 start with a team that's pretty well stacked definitely calls for a change.

They really aren't that well stacked... outside of Jackson (who is now hurt) and Williams, who did Freeman have to throw to?  In a league moving towards pass catching TEs, the Bucs don't have any.  Their 3rd WR is Kevin Ogletree who has 3 receptions this year.  What do they really think a rookie QB is going to do with this team that Freeman couldn't?  Only thing that will change is more check downs to Doug Martin.  They'll probably lose to the Cardinals this week.

Honestly I don't think Schiano is a good NFL coach at all and I think he shook Freeman's confidence.  He used to throw some bombs for Vjax, but now he looks scared to throw the ball down field.  Dude acts like too much of a disciplinarian and NFL players don't respond well to that kind of treatment.  He's not coaching college kids anymore.

On David Wilson - I think its more on the Giants than him.  The O-line needs to get it together.  Wilson could make plays if he had any room to run.  He does need to get his confidence back and try running with only one arm on the ball.  Fumbles happen, but you can't run very effectively with two arms on the ball at all times.  The Giants just signed John Conner to replace Hynocerous, so at least we didn't suffer a huge loss at FB.  It's really all on the offensive line to get some holes or give Eli some time to throw, and Kevin Gilbride to figure out how to make it work with the players we have.

If you've got Jackson and Williams, then you're stacked at receiver.  Easily one of the best WR duos in the league.  Doug Martin is top tier running back.  They had the #1 rush defense last season and now have Dashon Goldson and Darrelle Revis in the secondary. Sounds like a pretty stacked team to me.

If you've got Jackson and Williams, then you're stacked at receiver.  Easily one of the best WR duos in the league.  Doug Martin is top tier running back.  They had the #1 rush defense last season and now have Dashon Goldson and Darrelle Revis in the secondary. Sounds like a pretty stacked team to me.

Wasn't denying their defense is good, I just thought we were talking offensively stacked.

Definitely a good tandem, but not dominate at all.  Williams isn't that great, and they have no depth.  If Vjax can't play, I don't see anyone stepping up.  I think there are a bunch of teams with better receiving cores (Broncos, Falcons, Giants, Saints, Green Bay).  Doug is a good running back, but he hasn't done much this year, and in the modern day NFL, he's not a game changer.  If AP can't make Minnesota dominant, Martin can't do it for Tampa.  But like I said, if you only have 2 receivers to throw to, that's not a stacked passing offense at all.  They would have been much better off if they got a TE this off-season. Just don't really see what Glennon is going to bring to the table.

Well everyone here got what they wanted, and that's Matt friggin' Cassel starting. Why people are begging for him to play like he's Tom Brady or something completely bewilders me.

In 2010 with the 49ers struggling with a bad team and absolutely clueless coaching staff, the fans began chanting for David Carr to replace Alex Smith. Carr came in and went 5 for 13 with an INT and that was the end of that.

What do you guys think, DeSean Jackson or Giovanni Bernard at my flex? It may seem obvious, but I'm starting the Broncos defense so I'm not hoping for huge numbers from the Eagles, and my feeling is that Bernard has a higher chance of scoring touchdowns.

Also, Stafford vs the Bears D or Alex Smith vs the Giants D as my #2 QB