NFL Discussion

Had a chance to watch the NFL films short version of the end of the game.  This is the show where they let you hear what the players were saying and more sideline reaction from coaches.   Even better to watch as a Pats fan to see the "inside" information between the players.  

The main point of this post is there was a segment showing Sherman going up to Brady (as he was having a thank-you-on-one-knee moment) congratulating him and saying he is a great player.  Did not see that exchange anywhere else.  Immediately changed my perception of the man who was about to become a father.   Good stuff between competitors.  

I saw a bunch of vines of the players mic'd up from Sunday. Bradys pregame speech, and then players hugging it out at the end. Really special stuff. Wish that kind of stuff would be more widely available.

Also, the patriots kicked one field goal during these playoffs. Kind of amazing.

"Chris Havel of WDUZ in Green Bay is reporting that the Packers will promote offensive coordinator Tom Clements to associate head coach and give him the play calling responsibilities while also moving Edgar Bennett from wide receivers coach to offensive coordinator."

Not sure why they have to call Clements 'associate head coach' never knew that was a thing.

"Chris Havel of WDUZ in Green Bay [/size]is reporting that the Packers will promote offensive coordinator Tom Clements to associate head coach and give him the play calling responsibilities while also moving Edgar Bennett from wide receivers coach to offensive coordinator."

Not sure why they have to call Clements 'associate head coach' never knew that was a thing.[/size]

Every time i've seen something like this it has meant one of two things.

1. They "promoted" Tom Clements and bumped his pay in order keep him from hitting the market, or to retain him. You'd be surprised what a nice new title can do.

Or

2. They were worried about potentially losing Edgar Bennett. They want to promote him, increase his pay and responsibility, but don't necessarily want to fire Clements. A perfect example of this is in Dallas with Kiffin and Marinelli. They promoted Kiffin to assistent head coach, basically relieving him of his duties without firing him (they wanted to keep him around because they like him, though he doesn't have much responsibility or say as to what goes on) in order to get the guy they really wanted calling the shots, Marinelli, in position.

Every time i've seen something like this it has meant one of two things.

1. They "promoted" Tom Clements and bumped his pay in order keep him from hitting the market, or to retain him. You'd be surprised what a nice new title can do.

Or

2. They were worried about potentially losing Edgar Bennett. They want to promote him, increase his pay and responsibility, but don't necessarily want to fire Clements. A perfect example of this is in Dallas with Kiffin and Marinelli. They promoted Kiffin to assistent head coach, basically relieving him of his duties without firing him (they wanted to keep him around because they like him, though he doesn't have much responsibility or say as to what goes on) in order to get the guy they really wanted calling the shots, Marinelli, in position.

Wow, obviously the politics behind it went over my head! Thanks for that clear explanation/theory, all makes sense.

Oh lawd~!

I saw "Brett Favre" on my FaceBook feed and thought OMG... No please no! (with Rex Ryan not having a QB in Buffalo and all lol)

There is a whole lot to like in there. Funny that the two super bowl teams had my least favorite of the bunch.

Overly judgemental of concept ideas, but far too much variation in justification and angle of the logos.

There is a whole lot to like in there. Funny that the two super bowl teams had my least favorite of the bunch.

Overly judgemental of concept ideas, but far too much variation in justification and angle of the logos.

Yeah they were really strange. I think the cardinals helmet would be cool if the background was black instead of red. Kinda reminds me of angry birds haha. The Eagles one would've probably been cooler on black but I'd rather see it redone.

If it's confirmed, lame. If it turns out to be the same hot garbage that this team faces over and over again, fuck you all for being such morons willing to believe the dumbest accusations.

I love the Panthers helmet. I feel like the Giants helmet would be better suited on a goalie though.

On their site there are a couple different helmets for a few teams, I like the Giants helmet on the site better. Also, the only one I don't really like is the Bengals because I'm not a fan of that old logo, I prefer the stripes haha.

If it's confirmed, lame. If it turns out to be the same hot garbage that this team faces over and over again, fuck you all for being such morons willing to believe the dumbest accusations.

you do realize that you are asking people to not cast judgement on whether or not they cheated, even though they are a team who has already been proven to have cheated in the past, right?  

you do realize that you are asking people to not cast judgement on whether or not they cheated, even though they are a team who has already been proven to have cheated in the past, right?

Yeah, I am a little confused about the "hot garbage" he is referring to. The only negatively connotated thing that comes to mind about the pats is spygate, which they were guilty of. At this point no one knows if the patriots are guilty of tampering with the balls, so I don't really see how that makes anyone a moron for discussing it.

They have been the victims of the media literally creating a story.

11 of the 12 balls severely deflated! (Ok.. Maybe it was just one of them)

Staffer tried getting an illegal kicking ball into the game too! (Ok.. Maybe that was actually an nfl employee)

And if you still can't let go of spygate, you're simply ignorant by choice.

They have been the victims of the media literally creating a story.

11 of the 12 balls severely deflated! (Ok.. Maybe it was just one of them)

Staffer tried getting an illegal kicking ball into the game too! (Ok.. Maybe that was actually an nfl employee)

And if you still can't let go of spygate, you're simply ignorant by choice.

Over and over again would insinuate this has happened a lot of times, even though this is one of the few times where that is potentially the case. Did they cheat this time? No one knew for certain when the news broke, or even now for that matter, so the discussion was certainly valid. honestly, I am not really all that interested in discussing it until the findings are revealed, otherwise it's really just a bunch of people blowing hot air one way or the other, you were the one to bring it back up. And I'm not dwelling on spygate, I simply stated that it was something they were guilty of.

But you still say "guilty of" in the sense that what they were doing wasn't simply illegal in the most vaguely technical way.

It was a nothing offense that turned into THE WORST CRIME IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS because of the way the media spun it.

The Patriots have been victim shamed by the entire league, media, and sports fans who refuse to approach anything objectively for nearly a decade now.

But go ahead and pretend that the only reason that they're ridiculously successful is because they cheat.

But you still say "guilty of" in the sense that what they were doing wasn't simply illegal in the most vaguely technical way.

It was a nothing offense that turned into THE WORST CRIME IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS because of the way the media spun it.

The Patriots have been victim shamed by the entire league, media, and sports fans who refuse to approach anything objectively for nearly a decade now.

But go ahead and pretend that the only reason that they're ridiculously successful is because they cheat.

I say "guilty of" because regardless of how you want to spin it, they were guilty. It's really that simple. Just because you don't like the way people react to it, that doesn't mean they weren't cheating. However, I never said that their success over the last 10 years is due to cheating. As I've said before, even if it is found out that deflategate was 100% the Patriots cheating, that wasn't the deciding factor in the game, and I don't think that anyone really believes that it was. Honestly, I think your loyalty to the team is keeping you from looking at it objectively. Even after the fact they they were found guilty of filming other teams you try to make it seem minuscule and ridiculous that they are called out for it. And I don't even really care about the spygate stuff at all, just wanted to point out that your "trying to fight judgment, with judgement" is a little ironic.

Aside from the initial quote, that was a blanket statement rather than being directed at you.

I still believe spygate is as ridiculous as this whole disaster, and nothing more than a media fabrication. And because that happened in the first place, people will point accusatory fingers at them with every given opportunity, when much more severe offenses go entirely overlooked with literally every other team in the league.

Aside from the initial quote, that was a blanket statement rather than being directed at you.

I still believe spygate is as ridiculous as this whole disaster, and nothing more than a media fabrication. And because that happened in the first place, people will point accusatory fingers at them with every given opportunity, when much more severe offenses go entirely overlooked with literally every other team in the league.

Beyond the whole integrity problem with cheating, you gotta remember that you're a Patriots fan. Teams that have had success are the ones that garner the biggest "hater" following. The Jags could have cheated every game for the last 20 years and no one really cares because they've never been winners. Take it from a Cowboys fan, people will always have hate in the NFL. We get it from everywhere haha.