What do you think about color vinyl?

Does anyone notice a difference in sound quality between black and colored? I know this has probably been discussed many times before but I know people that won't get anything but black. (I don't have black and color copies of anything to compare).

I've also heard that the natural color of vinyl is a clear, yellowish color, so I would think that would technically have the least amount of impurities to effect the sound.

My system right now isn't good enough to tell any sort of difference, anyway. I was just curious.

I love colored vinyl, especially when it's the limited version of a particular album. I'll buy 2, 3, 4, and more copies of an album if they are all on different colors. Not so much 2nd press stuff, but for sure 1st press. Rivalry record is a good example. It's fun trying to get the limited versions and makes record collecting even that much more exciting and new.

colour is nice to look at a lot of the time. i do like it. but if it was a choice between several versions i likely would have no preference...although i did trade a /1000 DEP yellow lp for /2000 180g black....so i like heavier shit. i'd buy one eighties in a choosing situation.

It seems more and more like black (or plain colors) are become the limited edition runs. Gaslight Anthem only did 100, the new Re-Volts only did 50 for pre-orders. I really enjoy colored vinyl but weight is a big factor.

And I can't tell but are the new Victory releases on 180 gram? I really haven't held it against anything but they certainly feel thicker.