SXE and Tattoos

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well when i'm offered a drink i never say i'm edge, that's just stupid. i say no thanks i don't drink. which is the non-douce way to decline.

I think this is the perfect way respond.

This isn't directed towards you or anything but I fucking hate the edge kids who draw x's on their hands and go around talking non stop about how edge they are. I have no problem with people who don't drink, smoke, whatever. I'm all about people doing what they enjoy and what makes them happy but like controlthebleeding said it just comes off weird. you end up looking like a douche bag and a fake.

well when i'm offered a drink i never say i'm edge, that's just stupid. i say no thanks i don't drink. which is the non-douce way to decline.

I think this is the perfect way respond.

This isn't directed towards you or anything but I fucking hate the edge kids who draw x's on their hands and go around talking non stop about how edge they are. I have no problem with people who don't drink, smoke, whatever. I'm all about people doing what they enjoy and what makes them happy but like controlthebleeding said it just comes off weird. you end up looking like a douche bag and a fake.

I use to work with a kid about 4 years ago that was vegetarian and didn't drink or do drugs. Every chance he got he would give me shit because he knew i drank and smoked. You know you're doing harm to your body and what not... saw him about 3 months ago.. Now he's hooked on crystal meth... Good for him.

one of my roommates is edge...he's got 3 x's on his left wrist...

but he doesnt preach, and he's usually the first one to be "hey guys, lets go to a bar."

i was baffled the first time he said that, but he goes, has a ginger ale or coke and has a great time.

i give him tons of props for it...he's 24 and has been sxe since 17.

sometimes this board bums me out, and some of the responses to stuff like this are why. seriously, not trying to be a dick, but how does the idea of straight edge totally baffle some people? especially people that seem to otherwise be so closely connected to the larger movement that straight edge is most closely related to. i mean, some of the responses just sound like...my parents...or...frat dudes.

i like to be irresponsible and belligerent as much as the next person, but...i fully get the straight edge thing enough to think that if people think that tattoo ink is poison to their bodies, that they've probably got a just enough argument and lifestyle to back that belief up. whereas...people who do other things, like drugs or shop lift, have this "fuck the system" attitude, but not much to back it up with. the lifestyle doesn't coincide with their argument, and it's just a defense, and nothing more but to get them out of trouble.