Three Cheers For Nice Merch Girl!

I went to see Don Caballero at the Knitting Factory last night and of course I was going to buy records! I hadn't even heard Punkgasm (they're new album) cuz i wanted to wait to hear it on vinyl. Alas they were out of clear so I got it on 180gm. I also picked up World Class Listening Problem.

Anyway, they're merch girl offered to hold my records in the back durring the show and put a lil post it with my name on it. I've tried to get merch people to do that a few times and they never want to be responsible for it. When i came back she gave me my records and a big hug. We all know how much holding records during a show sucks. So FUCK YEAH FOR NICE MERCH PEOPLE!!

I bought a copy of The Always Open Mouth from Fear Before from what turned out to be their new bassist on the merch table (I had no idea their last had left at the time). After we'd been talking for a bit (the show was empty) he said he'd hang onto the record for me and I could go back stage and pick it up after, when I got there they'd all signed it for me. Such nice dudes.

Converesly, Norma Jean's merch guy was a total cunt, he wouldn't let me buy anything because I was wearing a The Chariot shirt (What the fuck), then the other merch guy next to him said "So what, you're wearing a Coheed shirt, you're lucky I haven't kicked the crap out of you".

Converesly, Norma Jean's merch guy was a total cunt, he wouldn't let me buy anything because I was wearing a The Chariot shirt (What the fuck), then the other merch guy next to him said "So what, you're wearing a Coheed shirt, you're lucky I haven't kicked the crap out of you".

This right here made me laugh.

Stephen, the merch guy for Minus the Bear was an awesome guy. When I saw them last year, I hung out w/ him towards the end of the show and helped him w/ the merch. I hung out well after the show and he told the club people that I was with the band so I could stay and get my copy of POI signed by the band.

Haha. I asked the AM merch girl how many red WPFP 7"s were pressed and she just shrugged and said "I dunno, one thousand or something. Then another time I asked if there were any colored vinyl and she said no. So I bought nothing. Then my friend bought the last red thrash unreal later that night, which I needed for my new wave singles collection, and ended up paying $40 instead of $4. I h8 her

last time I saw the flatliners I finally decided to but a shirt so I asked the merch girl for a specific shirt in small and she gave me this confused look and went to look for it but couldn't find one, so I asked for a different shirt in small and she says "you're a large, not a small. your shoulders are too big" and started getting fussy about it. like what the fuck. I have broad shoulders but a small waist so if I get a large it looks EXTREMELY baggy. fuck you flatliners merch girl for trying to tell me I don't know my shirt size.

I know an amazing band called Rentokill from Austria. When I saw them last, their merch girl Julia held a record for me until after the show and even knocked a few pounds off the price! She's really cool...not to mention she's very pretty!

saw them a few weeks ago, great show as always. btw I have their 2 lp's + their split 10'', great stuff