World's Largest Record Collection video

you would think, and this is a sad way to think about it, but you would THINK some of our current favorite rock stars, the ones we look up to and dare not tread on(i.e. Tom Waits, Ryan Adams, Jack White, Jim James, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Tom Yorke, etc..) would have heard about this and thought, "hey, THAT is a good investment!" Granted, Dylan, Young, Waits are reaching a point in their life when they have fairly substantial record collections; and I'm sure the younger do too, but why wouldn't any prominent musician with the afforded capital take that?

You may think that their is a loss in value due to the lack of collecting it piece-by-piece, and granted that is a good argument. But how can someone who appreciates and creates music to the caliber that their records sell off market for insane prices not take this opportunity? It's almost the ultimate proverbial "fuck you" to the music industry. "You have the rights to some of my records. Fine. I OWN every FUCKING record ever put out."

That is what gives me aspirations to make that kind of money. Just to be a part of ridiculous investments that are pivotal to the human experience. It's not about ownership really, just a chance to be an extension.

Sorry. I'm drunk. End diatribe.

Looks like the collection has been broken up

REMEMBER THE 3,000,000 DOLLAR EBAY ITEM "THE WORLD'S GREATEST RECORD COLLECTION? IT DID NOT SELL IN IT'S ENTIRETY AND "OF VINYL INTEREST" IS THE ONLY DEALER TO HAVE GAINED ENTRANCE INTO THE INNER SANCTUM OF THIS AMAZING COLLECTION OF VINYL LP'S - WHAT WE FOUND AMAZED EVEN US AND OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL MONTHS WE WILL BE OFFERING SOME OF THE RAREST AND FINEST ARCHIVE COPIES OF INCREDIBLE JAZZ ,BLUES, PSYCH, SOUL AND ROCK LP'S EVER TO APPEAR ON EBAY - MANY ARE FIRST PRESSINGS AND/OR PROMOS IN EXCELLENT TO STILL SEALED CONDITION - SAVE US IN YOUR FAVORITES AND BID TO WIN AS MOST ARE SINGLE COPIES AND ONCE THEY'RE GONE THEY ARE GONE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKIP-JAMES-Devil-Got-My-Woman-Vanguard-Beautiful_W0QQitemZ260279941627QQihZ016QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like the collection has been broken up

REMEMBER THE 3,000,000 DOLLAR EBAY ITEM "THE WORLD'S GREATEST RECORD COLLECTION? IT DID NOT SELL IN IT'S ENTIRETY AND "OF VINYL INTEREST" IS THE ONLY DEALER TO HAVE GAINED ENTRANCE INTO THE INNER SANCTUM OF THIS AMAZING COLLECTION OF VINYL LP'S - WHAT WE FOUND AMAZED EVEN US AND OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL MONTHS WE WILL BE OFFERING SOME OF THE RAREST AND FINEST ARCHIVE COPIES OF INCREDIBLE JAZZ ,BLUES, PSYCH, SOUL AND ROCK LP'S EVER TO APPEAR ON EBAY - MANY ARE FIRST PRESSINGS AND/OR PROMOS IN EXCELLENT TO STILL SEALED CONDITION - SAVE US IN YOUR FAVORITES AND BID TO WIN AS MOST ARE SINGLE COPIES AND ONCE THEY'RE GONE THEY ARE GONE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKIP-JAMES-Devil-Got-My-Woman-Vanguard-Beautiful_W0QQitemZ260279941627QQihZ016QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that's an absolute shame.

i think it would have been great to keep this all together, but i also think it will be cool because a lot of different people will get to buy copies of records they might not have ever had the chance to.

i'm not into blues or 60's stuff, but I would be bummed if he had a couple records I would kill for, but because I don't have 3mil and a temperature controlled bldg to store it all in, that i'd miss out on some stuff I was looking for.