What do you do for a living?

Continental United States

I work as a contractor for the Marine Corps, in the field of signals intelligence training (exploitation of different types of signals, VHF, UHF, GSM, etc.). Got my experience from the military and now I'm deployed 2-3 weeks a month in various (mostly CONUS) places, sometimes living in the field for days at a time. The hours are long but it's semi-fulfilling to know that Marines will be kept safer with good training. At some point soon I'd like to take my clearance and get a job in the DC/MD/VA area (my original home).

What's CONUS stand for?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a full-time student at the University of South Florida in Tampa (aka USF aka U Stay Forever) majoring in electrical engineering with an I-only-need-one-more-class-but-probably-won't-finish-it minor in electronic music (think Cage/Stockhausen rather than Oakenfold/Tiesto). I am also a few classes away from a math minor, but in order to be done by the end of 2010, I have to stick to the engineering courses...and hopefully pass them. ::)

I also work at Office Depot on the weekends as a technology salesperson/general do-boy for a whopping $8.24 an hour, hence I refuse to speak Spanish seeing as how it is a skill that should warrant a minimum of $10/hr. I also consider myself a semi-professional musician...whatever that means nowadays. :P

I am going to school to learn how to be a graphic designer. Until then, I am basically a coffee wench (I really don't like calling myself a barista....sounds too Starbucks-y for my liking). I make badass coffee/espresso beverages. I'm actually looking for a second job on the weekends (I need more money because I want to go to Europe next year)...and I got an interview at yet another coffee shop. So I may be working at two here in the near future.

I currently clean cabins at a state park. I really want to quit. Having a bachelor's degree and working for minimum wage really sucks.

Hah, that sounds pretty shitty.

I work on the receiving dock at a Macy's department store. Very easy work. No "uniform", and get to listen to music all day. Not the best pay, but for my age, and what I do, it works. (I really don't need much money)

I work in Fopp (independant music shop for indie twats). I spend all day judging stupid scenesters for their shitty music choices and playing all sorts of awesome shit over the PA. And I take home alot of the vinyl that doesn't sell. All in all pretty cool.

Looks like all the good records sell before you get to take home the crap, 5 copies of it. :P

I work in Fopp (independant music shop for indie twats). I spend all day judging stupid scenesters for their shitty music choices and playing all sorts of awesome shit over the PA. And I take home alot of the vinyl that doesn't sell. All in all pretty cool.

which Fopp do you work at?

Looks like all the good records sell before you get to take home the crap, 5 copies of it. :P

Non of the stuff I take home from Fopp is in my collection or on my list. But then nothing we sell at Fopp is any good. I truly detest english music.

which Fopp do you work at?

Nottingham.