'59 Sound on blue WARPED VINYL??

So i finally got my pre-order of Gaslight Anthem - '59 Sound from Vinyl Collective and was really bummed to see how bad the vinyl is warped. I've been collecting for a long, long time so i understand that a bit of a warp is fairly common with vinyl but this is really bad. When you hold it in your hands one side is visibly warped and obviously even more noticeable when it's spinning on the turntable. Thankfully it still plays with the needle only jumping a little bit (this might be because i have a decent turntable that i bought about 22 years ago). Anyone else have this problem with the blue vinyl version?

This is by no means an attack on Vinyl Collective.... it's just a rant. I was so excited waiting for this package to show up so seeing the vinyl warped bummed me out.

By the way... the shirt looks better than i was expecting it to.

I've actually got very slight warp on my black and white LPs too. It's very minor though and only causes a very faint pop as the needle goes over it.

Now i think about it, the warping is more or less identical on both records and as they were shipped together i imagine it happened in the mail. Although the sleeves are in perfect condition so im still a bit confused.

Mine was REALLY bad. Totally unplayable. Of course, it was over 100 deg in Sacramento by the time I got home from work, so I wasn't too surprised. I put the record in the oven between two pieces of glass for a couple of minutes at 130 deg, and it flattened right out. Then I put two pieces of marble tabletop on it overnight, and now it plays fine. Its not perfectly round anymore, but its flat and gets the job done. Since then, I've been having my neighbor pick up my packages during the week. Fortunately, summer's almost over.

sorry to hear about all the warped records friends. I do find a correlation with the pressing plants. Both asian man and Side one use Rainbo Records and I have gotten more complaints about warped records from the recent asian man releases and this gaslight than anything else we have carried. I might suggest to both labels to consider other pressing plants.

Yeh i have to admit i've been a little less than impressed with the way the recent Asian Man releases have been turning up. More than one have arrived warped in the last month or two and i know its not VC's fault because every record i have ever ordered has been packaged with class

Guest genericinsight

Ok so my white copy came and I noticed that it kind of goes in weird loops when it plays on my turntable. I played another record right after it and that one plays flat like normal records.

TGA record plays fine, for what it's worth, it plays and sounds perfectly despite the loops.