i love hot topic employees

flood

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last time i was in hot topic was about a year and a half ago. i went to browse around to kill time because i was picking up a buddy who worked in the mall. i was wearing a botch shirt and looking around for vinyl and this guy who worked there came up and asked me if i needed any help, i said nah, just killing time, and he saw the botch shirt and he asked "do you like botch? i said "yeah, they're fucking amazing" and he said "really, i just think they kinda rip off norma jean!" i said, without thinking or actually caring at this point "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARD?!" him,"excuse me?" me"YES, ARE YOU RETARDED?", him "why would i be retarded?" me,"you think botch, ripped off norma jean? if it wasn't for botch, you would not even have norma jean." him, "that's just what i think." me, "your shit is all retarded. botch mid 90's-2002- norma jean, shitty christian rap metal as the band luti-kriss, then evolved into christian metalcore. late 90's, maybe 2000-present." i'm sorry to run on, but i no longer go to the jock topic that dude works at. he wasn't a kid, he was probably my age, around the 26-28 range, but, in that store's defense, they always used to hire girls with rockn' tits.

[image]

is this the hot topic guy you were talking about?

the last time i was in hot topic was about a year and a half ago. i went to browse around to kill time because i was picking up a buddy who worked in the mall. i was wearing a botch shirt and looking around for vinyl and this guy who worked there came up and asked me if i needed any help, i said nah, just killing time, and he saw the botch shirt and he asked "do you like botch? i said "yeah, they're fucking amazing" and he said "really, i just think they kinda rip off norma jean!" i said, without thinking or actually caring at this point "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARD?!" him,"excuse me?" me"YES, ARE YOU RETARDED?", him "why would i be retarded?" me,"you think botch, ripped off norma jean? if it wasn't for botch, you would not even have norma jean." him, "that's just what i think." me, "your shit is all retarded. botch mid 90's-2002- norma jean, shitty christian rap metal as the band luti-kriss, then evolved into christian metalcore. late 90's, maybe 2000-present." i'm sorry to run on, but i no longer go to the jock topic that dude works at. he wasn't a kid, he was probably my age, around the 26-28 range, but, in that store's defense, they always used to hire girls with rockn' tits.

which one was it joe, the one in newport?

both botch and norma jean suck equally. get over it

What? Both Botch and Norma Jean before The Anti Mother happened are amazing, Botch infinately more so, but then 'Amazing' isn't exactly a linear scale.

But that dude is just inconcievably fucked in the head to think Botch ripped-off Norma Jean, it's not even possible given the direction time progresses in.

which one was it joe, the one in newport?

it was the one in the tri-county mall.

everytime i go into my hot topic to look at vinyl, i have to ask for a step ladder because its waaay up on the walls, and i'm 6'0. dudes don't even know that shit exists.

Conversely, the closest HT around here that carries vinyl has it on the lowest shelf on the floor. I have to crouch down to go through it.

both botch and norma jean suck equally. get over it

the suck level is not equal. norma jean gets more suck points.

everytime i go into my hot topic to look at vinyl, i have to ask for a step ladder because its waaay up on the walls, and i'm 6'0. dudes don't even know that shit exists.

Conversely, the closest HT around here that carries vinyl has it on the lowest shelf on the floor. I have to crouch down to go through it.

Same, both the HTs in the Twin Cities have the vinyl at floor level. Lame.

I went into HT last Friday after killing 2 liters at Dunderbaks, opened the new Me First LPs to check if they had a blue I could flip (sorta kidding), but they were black. I also swiped some lame comb-in green hair dye for fun. I then asked the employee if he knew whether or not the new live NOFX 2xLP that was 14 feet up on the wall was on color and he said "I think it's on black, but it comes with the CD"...I started laughing and walked out.

The only thing HT is good for is the rad hot chicks that work/shop there. I actually saw one of these rad chicks with her mom at Dunderbaks during lunch, and she had a Fear tanktop on...who knows if she knew it was a band shirt...she was smoking though, so who cares?

I have actually only been in a Hot Topic maybe twice, and that was probably 6-7 years ago.

Not too prevalent around here, we have 2 about 20-30 miles from my house, the two times I was in there, I remember just .. being sad. they had like black flag and dk shirts etc, but only had overpriced epitaph releases, and the music section was a total of maybe 20-30 cd's, no vinyl.

seriously, I'm an old man, shit hurts my back.