i love hot topic employees

flood

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i picked up the exclusive color of MICF this weekend, and the dude at the counter told me i should get the new album instead, because its a lot better. My wife started cracking up.

Did you slap him? You should have slapped him. On a side note, any way to tell the "exclusive"? Does it say it? Or are all copies at Hot Topic the exclusive?

i picked up the exclusive color of MICF this weekend, and the dude at the counter told me i should get the new album instead, because its a lot better. My wife started cracking up.

Did you slap him? You should have slapped him. On a side note, any way to tell the "exclusive"? Does it say it? Or are all copies at Hot Topic the exclusive?

All copies should be the exclusive.

Some people I tell ya...

Last time I set foot in a HT was to get the exclusive colors for the Poison The Well and Walls Of Jericho re-pressings. The guy at the counter commented: "Oh wow! I didn't know they still made vinyl!"

My brother and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

Some people I tell ya...

Last time I set foot in a HT was to get the exclusive colors for the Poison The Well and Walls Of Jericho re-pressings. The guy at the counter commented: "Oh wow! I didn't know they still made vinyl!"

everytime i go in a HT and buy vinyl the person at the register goes wow they still make vinyl! I'm like uh dude you work here you just don't notice they are retarded there. I went in and grabbed HWM "forever and counting" and girl WEARING a HWM shirt was like whats this is this a new album and is it just on vinyl?

Some people I tell ya...

everytime i go in a HT and buy vinyl the person at the register goes wow they still make vinyl! I'm like uh dude you work here you just don't notice they are retarded there. I went in and grabbed HWM "forever and counting" and girl WEARING a HWM shirt was like whats this is this a new album and is it just on vinyl?

should have killed said girl.

should have killed said girl.

in her defense, she prob. never heard HWM before, they probably had the shirt @ HT and she liked the picture.

hot topic employees rule. when i was on tour and we didnt have a place to stay in witchita KS, we were killing time in the mall. and our friend chris went up to this girl he thought was cute in hot topic, who was working there, and said "do you like hardcore?" haha that was always his pick up line. so the girl was saying how here favorite band was Reign Supreme and how they stayed at her house and whatever. well we then wound up staying at her house, and she cooked us chinese food.... day of meeting her. and she didnt even come to our show.

she was nice, but liked stupid stuff. and gave one of us 2 t shirts from hot topic with tags still on them so we could return them. so we returned them and got a pair of vans. sweet deal.

My local HT isn't too bad actually. Dudes see me come in and tell me everything they just got in on vinyl and try to upsell me tough. I rarely buy stuff, but randomly they will have stuff for like $4 and you can't pass it up. I can't say I like the dudes there, but they aren't complete morons like the people who used to work there or the other two I drop by every once in awhile.

yeah between living in various locations in michigan and now back in chicago I have never had any luck with an employee having knowledge about vinyl they have ever. HA true story one time a like 16 year old girl working there though the 7 inch was a notebook or sticker book or something and the 12 inch was a laserdisc, DEAD SERIOUS

I was in a HT once and one of the employees was talking about touring with Coheed back before In Keeping Secrets came out, and said one time they were playing at some seedy warehouse with Bloodlet (who had a dude in the pit with switchblades taped to his wrists and a hockey mask) and as he was leaving some dude in the alley stabbed him in the stomach. He drove to a gas station to buy some aspirin for his stab wound, and the gas station was being robbed. Then he drove home.

The End.

the last time i was in hot topic was about a year and a half ago. i went to browse around to kill time because i was picking up a buddy who worked in the mall. i was wearing a botch shirt and looking around for vinyl and this guy who worked there came up and asked me if i needed any help, i said nah, just killing time, and he saw the botch shirt and he asked "do you like botch? i said "yeah, they're fucking amazing" and he said "really, i just think they kinda rip off norma jean!" i said, without thinking or actually caring at this point "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARD?!" him,"excuse me?" me"YES, ARE YOU RETARDED?", him "why would i be retarded?" me,"you think botch, ripped off norma jean? if it wasn't for botch, you would not even have norma jean." him, "that's just what i think." me, "your shit is all retarded. botch mid 90's-2002- norma jean, shitty christian rap metal as the band luti-kriss, then evolved into christian metalcore. late 90's, maybe 2000-present." i'm sorry to run on, but i no longer go to the jock topic that dude works at. he wasn't a kid, he was probably my age, around the 26-28 range, but, in that store's defense, they always used to hire girls with rockn' tits.

I was in a HT once and one of the employees was talking about touring with Coheed back before In Keeping Secrets came out, and said one time they were playing at some seedy warehouse with Bloodlet (who had a dude in the pit with switchblades taped to his wrists and a hockey mask) and as he was leaving some dude in the alley stabbed him in the stomach. He drove to a gas station to buy some aspirin for his stab wound, and the gas station was being robbed. Then he drove home.

The End.

Best fucking story in this thread

the last time i was in hot topic was about a year and a half ago. i went to browse around to kill time because i was picking up a buddy who worked in the mall. i was wearing a botch shirt and looking around for vinyl and this guy who worked there came up and asked me if i needed any help, i said nah, just killing time, and he saw the botch shirt and he asked "do you like botch? i said "yeah, they're fucking amazing" and he said "really, i just think they kinda rip off norma jean!" i said, without thinking or actually caring at this point "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARD?!" him,"excuse me?" me"YES, ARE YOU RETARDED?", him "why would i be retarded?" me,"you think botch, ripped off norma jean? if it wasn't for botch, you would not even have norma jean." him, "that's just what i think." me, "your shit is all retarded. botch mid 90's-2002- norma jean, shitty christian rap metal as the band luti-kriss, then evolved into christian metalcore. late 90's, maybe 2000-present." i'm sorry to run on, but i no longer go to the jock topic that dude works at. he wasn't a kid, he was probably my age, around the 26-28 range, but, in that store's defense, they always used to hire girls with rockn' tits.

both botch and norma jean suck equally. get over it