NHL Discussion

I'm kind of bummed the sabres bought out Ehrhoff, he was great value with his contract. I'm sure they could have traded him also, so I'm pretty confused. Plus they have to spend ~20 million to get to the cap floor. Glad I don't work Tuesday..

I think their main reason was that due to when his contract was signed Buffalo was going to pay big time penalties if he retired before that contract was up which seemed likely to them. By that time their rebuild should be well underway and having to take a cap hit/penalties could have cost them money say for a top 6 forward.

I thought for sure they'd trade him to but I guess they wanted it over with. 

Coaching dispute in the Parenteau case. Him and Roy butted heads, Roy saw no value in him. Plus, pretty hefty injury history. Even still, he's way better than Briere.

Leafs put Gleason on waivers to buy out and attempt to trade for Gorges. Gorges plays almost the EXACT game Gleason does and is more money and would have cost the Leafs a roster player in the trade while also eating Gleasons cap... Dredger also claims that roster player was Lupul that was getting traded for Gorges. It's like Toronto is trying to fucking lose. 

After hearing Murray talk it makes sense why they used the buyout on Ehrhoff. They didn't wanna deal with a 10 million dollar cap hit when they're hopefully competitive.

Also, Reinart told a local radio station he wants to be called Samson Reinhart, his given name. Haha.

Sabres have a lot of money to throw at people, now they wait for guys to take the bait.

Pens are apparently going to sign Kumelin to play with Malkin?  this is all anyone seems to be talking about here, that they're BFFz and that its already a done deal blahblahblah, would love to see yet another thing being reported in this town not come true and the shitstorm that ensues.  I love when chaos reigns in pittsburgh

Both guys are possession beasts. Hopefully that carries over a little bit. It's not my money, so I don't care. Obviously EDMONTON is going to have to over pay in a market where even good teams over pay. The team looks a lot different than it did 2 weeks ago, and the team is undisputedly better.