NHL Discussion

I hope my Rangers can keep most of their free agents so they all have that hunger to go back and take a cup while adding new talent. Hopefull 2014-15 season for the Rangers

Definitely seemed like Lundquist was on his knees after letting in that goal making sure he remembered how it felt to come so close and lose in hopes of not having to feel that way again.

Ron Hextall so far seems to be following the same path as Paul Holmgren by resigning old players. Timonen just inked a one year deal. I guess getting younger isn't a high priority right now.

Timonen is still getting it down. Glad they resigned him. Just need to hope he can stay healthy.

Cuba Gooding Jr was so drunk at the NHL awards show, it was the best thing that happened

ya, that was hilarious!  adam graves' face the whole time put me over the top.

One year Kopitar one year...

Also lol at Bob Murray winning GM of the year. He trades Penner at the deadline for nothing and his team craps out in the playoffs. At least if Bergevin won I could understand due to wiese and Vanek signings for basically nothing. Yet Deano came in 3rd in votes...

i guess he won it because the ducks won the regular season in the west!

to his credit, he said he'd trade trophies with deano.  proving that most of these awards don't matter.

also, i had no idea matisyahu looks like ian mckellan now.

Murray can't put the pucks in the net.

But he's built a top contending team with an incredible top line, great depth on forward, one of the most skilled prospect pool in the AHL, brought in mediocre D-men for nothing and developed a stable core, and still has 2 first round picks this season. His goaltending problem is being solved in house on drafted players and he's likely going to bring in another top 6 forward this off season. I fucking hate the Ducks but goddam he has set them up to win for a long time. 

its actually not all that bad in terms of front loading

$6.075 M each of first 3 yrs

$5.075 M in 17-18

$4.575 M in 18-19

$3.175 M in 19-20

$3.075 M in 20-21

cannot believe someone gave mr. glass that much money.  thats a lot of money to tie up with someone who has struggled staying healthy over his career.  but good for him!  cash in!

Not to mention he was mostly the guy on those teams hence other teams targeting him. Playing on a line with brown and Kopi will help a ton. People said the same about Justin Williams, that he was a mister glass and he's been great. Kings have some of the best training staff in the world. Hell after last year I thought willie Mitchell was done and then not only does he play but helped us win again.

Murray can't put the pucks in the net.

But he's built a top contending team with an incredible top line, great depth on forward, one of the most skilled prospect pool in the AHL, brought in mediocre D-men for nothing and developed a stable core, and still has 2 first round picks this season. His goaltending problem is being solved in house on drafted players and he's likely going to bring in another top 6 forward this off season. I fucking hate the Ducks but goddam he has set them up to win for a long time. 

that may be true but gabby boudreau can't close in the playoffs, so good luck to them with that!