NHL Discussion

Yeah, but they tell each guy that they're going to cut it into three pieces, and whichever guy says "don't do that, just give it to the other guys!" first gets to keep it.

I don't know why you guys are all excited about your teams getting into the playoffs just in time for Washington to wipe their asses with them in a quick 4 or 5 game tuneup. None of those bottom-feeder teams have a chance against them. Penguins, Devils, Senators, and Sabres all have a decent shot, sure. Montreal, Boston, Philly, NYR, etc. are gonna be out quick if they are the 8 seed. You better pray they manage to get in as the 7 or 6.

Ugh, Philly is a disaster. Part of me hopes they don't make the playoffs. Maybe it will force them to do something about the team. They have some seriously overpaid dead weight on the team and they need a legit starting goaltender. None of the guys on the roster can cut it. Jeff Carter might be back this weekends games against the Rags. They need that scoring. Why he hasn't been on a line with Giroux is beyond me. He's the only guy who can shoot, you'd think you'd play him with the only guy who can pass.

dont worry, you've got pronger until he's 45

caps will score a lot of goals in the playoffs, but they'll let up just as many. their defense is mediocre at best, having a goal scoring dman doesn't stop goals from getting scored on you.

Isn't he already 45??? haha. If he keeps playing like he has, he can stay as long as he wants.

I don't get to watch the Caps much, but I just don't understand all the hate on Washington's D. The team has won more games than any other team with a couple non-superstar goalies in net. They have a +83 goal differential. 3 of the top 5 defensemen in the plus/minus rating are on the Caps. They can't be that bad.

+83, sure, but thats only because they've scored a ton of goals to make up for the 227 goals they've let up. out of all 16 playoff teams so far, they've let up the 3rd most goals out of all teams in the playoffs. pittsburgh and the sens have let up more.. if someone figures out how to stop the caps offense, its over.

last year was the same, they were the 3rd most scored upon team in the NHL that were in the playoffs, and yet, they didnt make it past the 2nd round because they couldn't stop the penguins offense (and neither could the pens, really until the 7th game).

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':rpyl7fl2]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':rpyl7fl2]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Vanek is being paid like a superstar, but he doesn't play like it. He got that money from a season where he could be the 2nd line and not face shut-down defensemen. But even without that advantage, every 40 games or so he singlehandedly wins one. I remember a game last year where the sabres were down 2 goals going into the third. Vanek went out and got a hat-trick to win the game. Why can't he do that shit regularly?

WAS - MTL --> Washington will roll pretty easily through MTL winning in 5.

NJ - PHI --> Philly knocks out the Devils in 6.

BUF - BOS --> This one will go at least 6. If I were unbiased, I'd say Boston because the Sabres can't score on Rask, but I'm gonna say Buffalo in 6.

PIT - OTT --> I've never watched them play each other, so I don't know, but it seems they both had their ups and downs this year. I'll say Pitt in 7.

Washington murders Philly in 4.

Buffalo loses to Pitt in 6.

OV finally gets passed Crosby in 6.

SJ - COL --> I'd love the Colorado kids to beat SJ but I think the Sharks have it in 5.

CHI --> NAS --> Chicago sweeps the Preds in 4.

VAN - LA --> LA can't stop the Sedins who win in 5, possibly a sweep.

PHO - DET --> Detroit turns it up with Howard, winning in 6.

Detroit then beats SJ because SJ can never get far in the playoffs. 6 games.

Chicago stumps the Vancouver Sedins in 6.

Chicago battles past Detroit to take it in 7.

Finals: [Now that I've gotten this far, I really don't have confidence in my choices. I feel like Pitt is a large downgrade from last year, and won't make it to the finals, but I don't know if Washington can go all-offense through the defensive-minded playoffs. I can't see NJ, Bos, Buf, or anyone else dominating the conference. I don't watch the west too terribly much but I do like Chicago to get pretty far. The west seems much more sound than the east though.]

So anyway, I'd like to see OV get a cup. WAS in 6.

My initial thoughts: (only picking winners in the first round. have to see how the teams play in the playoffs)

Was - MTL - washington will roll. I want to say sweep but i won't...wash in five

NJ - Philly - i love phily's chances..pretty much 7 home games. flyers in 6

Buf - Bos - these are two teams I really don't follow too much actually. I like Rask a lot and obv Miller is a stud

neither team has great goal scoring depth. I'm going to say sabres in 7

Pit - Ott - Pitt in 5

Wash - Philly - I have no idea how to pick this. I don't think caps are built to win in the playoffs, maybe leighton will be back? impossible series for me to speak. both teams flawed, leaning toward flyers because i'm bias and i love pronger. also thinking caps because the flyers could easily wimper out b/c they just don't play well together this year...no clue

pitt - buffalo - despise both teams. I'm leaning towards sabres b/c if a miracle happens with the flyers i think they match up better...who knows, interested to see how good the penguins are this year....

SJ - Col - every year I think SJ might make it deep and every year they suck. Might as well continue the trend. SJ in 7

Chi - Nas - Nash puts up more of a fight than everyone thinks. hawks in 6

van - la - two teams i never watch b/c of time differences but I really want to see this series. I'm going upset and young

kings in 6

Pho - Det - coyotes are playing so damn well and i love how they play.. go yotes....hopefully in 6