NHL Discussion

Rooting for the sens big time in this after all of this silliness. 

The Gryba hit was north/south, elbow down, and the puck right there. I still cannot grasp how that is a penalty, or how a player is supposed to avoid that contact partial head contact (after the principal contact) in the split second that the play occurs in.

Then Therrien whining about the timeout? Tough shit buddy, its his right to take a timeout. Classless is everything the Habs did in that game after they were already getting destroyed. MaClean is not only protecting his players but ensuring he doesnt give the Habs any momentum for the rest of the series with that timeout. 

if it was 6-1 and the game was ending on a PP and he put 5 forwards on the ice, that would be classless. Anything else is fair game. 

I agree 100% with the timeout call. When a Montreal player (White) swings his stick at an Ottawa player clearly things have gotten out of hand. Granted that happened a few minutes before the timeout but still this were out of control. I think a timeout to protect your players is something any coach would do, and had the shoe been on the other foot I'm positive Therrien would have made the same call. As for Therrien's comments about it showing up and embarrassing Montreal, they did that themselves and nothing Ottawa did could have made it worse.

I hope the Kings pull it out man. I'd like to watch a Kings / Hawks conference final. Though as long as Vancouver loses, I'd be happy with any Western configuration. 

On me end, It has been nice to see the Bruins playing like they give a shit.

I hope the Hawks are eliminated before then cause they scare the shit out of me ha, the Kings don't match up well against them at all. I could see the Sharks knocking them off in the 2nd round.

I'd love to see a Bruins/Kings final, oh man would that be fun. A lot like this Kings/Blues series.

The second goal that the Kings scored last night was just beautiful, I could literally watch a replay of that for hours.

It sure was, perfect tic-tac-toe

The penguins are sore losers. Neal is a scumbag. And Malkin deserved getting punched at the end there. Putting your glove in a guys mouth is a scumbag move. They feel so entitled because they're "supposed to win" and when they don't they whine and act like douchebags.

yeah, and the islanders are saints here.  not defending the pens, but dont try to ignore Hamonic/Martin/Carkner being total shitbags throughout the game.

The penguins are sore losers. Neal is a scumbag. And Malkin deserved getting punched at the end there. Putting your glove in a guys mouth is a scumbag move. They feel so entitled because they're "supposed to win" and when they don't they whine and act like douchebags.

Describes the Penguins perfectly. Its fucking sad. 

Describes the Penguins perfectly. Its fucking sad. 

did you even watch the game?  As I stated above, Islanders were just as sad as the pens were.

Also, I dont know if anyone else noticed, but islanders fans went overboard during the game too.  number of instances where bottles were being thrown on ice during the game, or trying to grab players through the camera holes.  come on... the name slips my mind right now, but after game 3 ended, one of the pens players was hit in the head by a water bottle.  I mean, thats almost as pathetic as the play on ice. 

did you even watch the game? As I stated above, Islanders were just as sad as the pens were.

Also, I dont know if anyone else noticed, but islanders fans went overboard during the game too. number of instances where bottles were being thrown on ice during the game, or trying to grab players through the camera holes. come on... the name slips my mind right now, but after game 3 ended, one of the pens players was hit in the head by a water bottle. I mean, thats almost as pathetic as the play on ice.

I assumed it was a penquins fan because it hit the isles goalie when the play was on the other side of him. I didn't see anyone pulling through the camera holes but I didn't watch the whole game either. Really digging the Ottawa/Habs series.