NHL Discussion

and with that I am selling all the releases of yours I own!

just kidding, but you do know Scott is a coach for the Ducks...

not exactly the same appeal. 

The one ducks/devils game I went to was one of the most silent arenas I've ever been in. People were sitting in their seats talking to each other, it felt like a mall food court. 

Hopefully its not that way all the time. 

not exactly the same appeal. 

The one ducks/devils game I went to was one of the most silent arenas I've ever been in. People were sitting in their seats talking to each other, it felt like a mall food court. 

Hopefully its not that way all the time. 

I would imagine that it was that way because it was the Devils playing the Ducks. I looked up Ducks Rangers tickets on stubhub once (in ANA) and it was like 10 bucks. I think its just Eastern Conference teams they dont give a shit about. Its kinda that way here too except the Kings, Vancouver, Chicago, and Detroit. Any other Western team the NY fans dont care as much.

I grew up a Devils fan, so I know silent arenas. 

But maybe silent is the wrong word, it was more bizarre. It was like no one was even watching the game. 

thats because very few people actually care and most tickets used are just free corporate accounts to fill up the arena. Sorry ifworkpermits but its always been that way. Even when the Ducks won the cup i think only 8,000 people attended the rally.

thats because very few people actually care and most tickets used are just free corporate accounts to fill up the arena. Sorry ifworkpermits but its always been that way. Even when the Ducks won the cup i think only 8,000 people attended the rally.

Oh no need to be sorry... It's the truth. It's one if the quietest buildings in the NHL. I think Phoenix makes more noise. Still doesnt change my love for the team. They will always be my team and when I go to the game, you best believe I'm loud, intense, and nothing else matters but the game.

The kings, on the other hand, have one of the most fun arenas I've been in. My best friend gets second row kings seats and it's so fun to go to.

Oh no need to be sorry... It's the truth. It's one if the quietest buildings in the NHL. I think Phoenix makes more noise. Still doesnt change my love for the team. They will always be my team and when I go to the game, you best believe I'm loud, intense, and nothing else matters but the game.

The kings, on the other hand, have one of the most fun arenas I've been in. My best friend gets second row kings seats and it's so fun to go to.

Ill be the first to admit thats only a recent development, before last season most of the time it was packed but dead quiet. i suppose its a product of winning but the 5-6 years before last season you could hear a pin drop or the entire phone conversation of whatever turd who thought they were a big shot by getting free corporate tickets.

then again now you gotta deal with the band wagoners who don't know shit about the game. double edged sword i suppose.

Ill be the first to admit thats only a recent development, before last season most of the time it was packed but dead quiet. i suppose its a product of winning but the 5-6 years before last season you could hear a pin drop or the entire phone conversation of whatever turd who thought they were a big shot by getting free corporate tickets.

then again now you gotta deal with the band wagoners who don't know shit about the game. double edged sword i suppose.

Yeah. I went to a

Preseason game 4 years ago kings v ducks at staples and the seats I was sitting at (2nd row top level behind goal) season seats cost 400... We could have bought them. I'll still take a loud fun arena full of idiots than overly stuck up pompous business men trying to impress their equally as stuck up guests while their poor excuses of trophy wives talk gossip and wonder why the whistle keeps blowing during offsides. Not to mention the group if "die hards" (yeah, we have a group called die hards) who are minimum age of 70, generally women, all obsessed with players like bobby Ryan and can fowler (my only guess is because they find them "cute")

Great to see Pittsburgh's deadline acquisitions playing well while Crosby, Malkin and Neal are out.

I ran through the last handful of pages in this thread and didn't see much about the Pens other than the Subban/Morrow fight gifs. Pleasantly surprised. 

dont worry, it'll come

Also, the Hart shouldn't go to Crosby.  The Pens have proven that they can win without him, proving that he's not the most valuable player.  Bobrovsky, Tavares, or Ovechkin should be the top 3 in the discussion.  It's easy to argue that their teams wouldn't be in the playoff race without them.

Also, the Hart shouldn't go to Crosby.  The Pens have proven that they can win without him, proving that he's not the most valuable player.  Bobrovsky, Tavares, or Ovechkin should be the top 3 in the discussion.  It's easy to argue that their teams wouldn't be in the playoff race without them.

Agreed. I think Tavares should win it even though I hate the Islanders. However I also think Bob should get it. Ovi deserves it but at the same time, theres so much young first round talent on the Caps, not so much on Columbus or the Islanders 

he's still going to win