NHL Discussion

one of my best friends family is heavily involved w/ the dodgers organization and he promised me that he'll take care of me. His dad & grandpa both have 4 seats for every game.

That's awesome. Supposedly season ticket holders get a presale that exclusive to them. We'll see how true that is. As long as I'm there, thats all that matters to me. It's going to be a blast! What jerseys do you think they are going to come up with?

Anyways, Red Wings beat the Blackhawks for the cup next year.

Edmonton makes the playoffs.

Dallas makes a run in the playoffs.

Ducks don't make the playoffs.

Calgary last in the west. (or whatever the fuck they named the division)

Tampa has a great season.

Yakupov scores 30.

Crosby leads the league in scoring.

They definitely have a better chance at home ice in their new division, really the Bruins are the only team that should finish ahead of them.

Yeah, the team that lost a shit ton of core players should finish ahead of the wings? Ok then....I think youre forgetting about the Pens, Rangers, Habs, Leafs (hate to admit it, but they got better), Hurricanes, Caps (always manage to finish high regardless of early playoff exits)

Yeah, the team that lost a shit ton of core players should finish ahead of the wings? Ok then....I think youre forgetting about the Pens, Rangers, Habs, Leafs (hate to admit it, but they got better), Hurricanes, Caps (always manage to finish high regardless of early playoff exits)

A shit ton? They lost Ferance, Seguin & Jagr and brought in Eriksson & Iginla, Bostons going to be just fine.

Do you know how the playoff format works in the new divisions? Its Division based, not conference based.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs will still consist of 16 teams, eight in each conference, but it will be division-based and a wild-card system has been added.

The top three teams in each division will make up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference, based on regular-season points and regardless of division. It will be possible, then, for one division to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends three.

Detroit isnt going to finish behind anyone in their division except Boston. Yes they might finish behind other teams in the Conference but not in their division.

Detroit has a better chance in the East than they did in the West since losing Lidstrom and their core guys aging.

2010 Flyers. That is all.

Actually wait.

2013 Penguins.

2011 Canucks

The Pens did have a D this year, they just collapsed on them. Murray was the perfect guy to bring in for them. As for the 2011 Nucks I dont remember who was on that roster. Point is the Wings arent going to make a cup run. Give up. 

Forgot to bring this up in my post. Wouldn't be surprised if he steals the spot from Miller on the US national team.

No way. Quick will start regardless but Miller has proven himself more than Howard has when it comes to the national game/stage. That guy alone can steal a series/win. Just needs a better team. I hope Ryan Miller goes to a team where he has an actual D in front of him and will be considered a top 5 goalie because there is no doubt in my mind he is one.

Anyways, Red Wings beat the Blackhawks for the cup next year.

Edmonton makes the playoffs.

Dallas makes a run in the playoffs.

Ducks don't make the playoffs.

Calgary last in the west. (or whatever the fuck they named the division)

Tampa has a great season.

Yakupov scores 30.

Crosby leads the league in scoring.

Got to appreciate anyone who talks good about the Stars. So pumped for this team they have put together. A very solid young core and with Nill at the helm you got to like the complete rebrand from the horrible era of Tom Hicks and no owner.

Calling it now Jamie Benn plays his way onto the Canadian Olympic roster.

Meanwhile in Edmonton, were going to make the playoffs this year if the team, especially Hall and Nuge stay healthy.

I don't see them taking one of the top 3 spots in the division but they could maybe sneak in with the remaining 2 for the conference.

I'm still not sold on their goaltending or defense

@ian rees: I got tickets to the outdoor game... mine are in the outfield (section 303) because thats all I wanted to afford, but I got some!

My brother and I are wearing the Burger King/Wild Wing thirds!

thats awesome, assuming my buddies family gets their usual tickets I should be down closer to the field