NHL Discussion

i think there might be something else since DL has to get the Oilers to keep salary

im hearing derek forborts name now.  

also worth noting that edmonton has no picks from rounds 2-4 this year.

I really hope Gags goes to the Kings and that you guys make a playoff run.  He deserves it after 7 years of shit in edmonton.  

I have yet to hear Forborts name yet but id be surprised if hes included. My guess is Martinez, Oilers apparently want Muzzin but DL isnt willing to move him (i wish theyd keep Martinez instead)

Clifford is big and tough and has 45 pts in 253 NHL games. Zack Stortini is big and tough. Stortini had 41 pts in 257 games. Remember him?

What's the deal with Toffoli? I never watch the Kings play. Why is he so special, besides the fact that goalies have a .956 sv% behind him.

Also, I really hope MacT doesn't deal Gags for Clifford and a 2nd or worse pick.  That would be making a move for the sake of making a move, and a very dumb one at that.  But I don't see it going too well for us.

What's the deal with Toffoli? I never watch the Kings play. Why is he so special, besides the fact that goalies have a .956 sv% behind him.

He's pretty much the only prospect in the Kings system who has the potential to be a very good goal scorer. Hes shown flashes of it but he's still figuring it all out at the NHL level. He has looked solid on a line w/ Kopitar & Carter the last couple games.

Screen-shot-2014-02-06-at-11.09.11-AM.pn

He's pretty much the only prospect in the Kings system who has the potential to be a very good goal scorer. Hes shown flashes of it but he's still figuring it all out at the NHL level. He has looked solid on a line w/ Kopitar & Carter the last couple games.

Screen-shot-2014-02-06-at-11.09.11-AM.pn

literally all i'm hearing is that DL is saying no to any prospect worth anything that edmonton wants.  seems ridiculous.  you don't get a 2nd line bonafied nhl player for a gritty 4th line/AHL player.  even if gags hasn't always been the most productive and is only 5'11.  he should be a 50-60 point guy in LA.  you've got to give up some talent to get some talent.

literally all i'm hearing is that DL is saying no to any prospect worth anything that edmonton wants.  seems ridiculous.  you don't get a 2nd line bonafied nhl player for a gritty 4th line/AHL player.  even if gags hasn't always been the most productive and is only 5'11.  he should be a 50-60 point guy in LA.  you've got to give up some talent to get some talent.

Well all the players i've heard that EDM wants arn't prospects they are players on the Kings roster. Dean isn't going to do addition by subtraction. For the Kings Toffoli is the only player w/ top line potential and if they are going to move him its going to be to get a player who is a top line player ala the Schenn for Richards deal and Hall is pretty much the only one who fits the Kings needs.

Gagner may be a top 6 player in EDM but he would likely be in the bottom 6 in LA. We'll see if it shakes out but if it does it doesn't sound like its going to be a HUGE deal like EDM fans are hoping.

Well all the players i've heard that EDM wants arn't prospects they are players on the Kings roster. Dean isn't going to do addition by subtraction. For the Kings Toffoli is the only player w/ top line potential and if they are going to move him its going to be to get a player who is a top line player ala the Schenn for Richards deal and Hall is pretty much the only one who fits the Kings needs.

Gagner may be a top 6 player in EDM but he would likely be in the bottom 6 in LA. We'll see if it shakes out but if it does it doesn't sound like its going to be a HUGE deal like EDM fans are hoping.

The Kings aren't trading for a depth bottom 6 FWD.  They're trading for scoring, are they not?  No team is looking to pick up Gagner as a bottom 6.  If Gags goes to the Kings, I can't see him playing in the bottom 6.  Having said that, I'm not sure how he would fit in the top 6, but I'm sure he would.  Also, bringing up a player like Hall's name is beyond ridiculous because Hall for Tiffoli++++++ would never happen in a million years, and be absolutely pointless.  And sorry, not prospects per say, but lets see: Toffoli has 24 points in the NHL, Vey has 5, and Muzzin has 100~ games under his belt.  None of them are bonafide NHL players.  Gags has proven he can score and play at the NHL level, and has done so for 7 years, again, even if he's had off seasons and is not the best in his own end.

Didn;t even know about that. But no one in the EDM management this yr or yrs prior deserves their jobs 

Mac T?  You're kidding?  He was a great coach.  As GM this year he stole Perron from St. Louis for a 2nd and Paajarvi.  Paajarvi has like 6 points, Perron has 20+ goals.  The Hendricks trade looked dumb but he was exactly what we needed, and we've been a better team with him.  Scrivens is also looking like a decent pickup for a 3rd rounder.  You can't blame him for the coaching, and the fact that he was stuck with a shit team to try and fix.  He's 6 months in fixing 7 years of incompetence up top. 

Christ if Clifford and a whatever pick was almost done I'd be terrified LA is going to do more damage in a bigger trade. 

it wasn't.  thats just what was being tossed around.  i didn't realize how weak of a player clifford was until i checked hockeydb.  Christ, a 1st and clifford for gags would hurt.  but like i said, mac t isn't dumb.  however, gags has a 4.8AAV and isn't producing to his potential this year, so I doubt we'll be happy in edmonton with what we get back.

I think Clifford has more potential than his #'s suggest, he's not exactly playing w/ the most offensively gifted players. He went on a tear to start last season when everyone else on the Kings were still stuck in the lockout.

He could be a 15 goal scorer if he reaches his offensive potential. I personally love the guy, he's one of my favorite players on the Kings.

no one is succeeding in eakins system.  halls points are deceiving.  

i  mean as far as defensive play is concerned. Isn't he pretty bad on that side of the puck? If Sutters going to give you ice time you have to be good defensively. Even though i think what they need to do is get a player like Yak, put him on a line with Kopi & Carts and let him be a wild horse since those 2 are so good defensibly.

Unfortunately that will never happen.