choke

william

I'll read the reviews but I never go by them...I wanna judge the movie for myself and make up my own mind about it. In a recent interview with Chuck Palahniuk, he said that he was pleased how it came out and that it was very faithful to the book even though a few things were left out due to timing.

I'll read the reviews but I never go by them...I wanna judge the movie for myself and make up my own mind about it. In a recent interview with Chuck Palahniuk, he said that he was pleased how it came out and that it was very faithful to the book even though a few things were left out due to timing.

I usually don't pay much attention, but I haven't seen one review that said it was good.

Plus, how such a great book only translates to an 89 minute movie is beyond me.

i read the book a few weeks ago in anticipation of seeing the movie and i remember thinking that it would be tough to make a good movie based on the plot of the book and i was right. it was definitely funny and it followed the booke pretty closely excluding some elements for time, but it didn't seem like this book was meant to be turned into a feature film. it wasn't horrible but i would say it wasn't worth the $7 i spent to see it.

i'm in the process or re-reading the book right now, and from the beginning, i kinda thought it would be weird as a film. but we'll see how it goes. i'm not expecting anything amazing. i think it was robotnerd that said that the trailers made it look weak. seemed that way to me, too. all the ads every pushed was "from the incendiary author of Fight Club" and how it's "in theaters 9/26"

This book was so rad, Chuck Palahniuk is for sure a great writer, I'm not surprised at all that the film isn't getting good reviews, I was really weary of the actors portraying the characters. I think I will wait until it goes to the dollar theatre down the street from my house to see it.

am i the only one that thought the book was okay, but not great? I feel like i'm in a league of my own.

I wish survivor was made into a movie though. That's my favorite Palahniuk book so far.

i actually thought Choke was just OK, too. i liked Lullaby better. haven't read Survivor

I wish survivor was made into a movie though. That's my favorite Palahniuk book so far.

Same here. But 9/11 happened and the idea for the movie got shelved.

That's shitty. I heard the director of I am Legend was trying to get the film made.

Haunted would be great as a movie too, but they would have to cut out wayyyy too much.