Kimbo vs. Ken Shamrock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I don't know what happened. I'm not a Kimbo Slice fan by any means but that knockdown looked bogus as fuck. I've seen him take straight punches from guys twice that dudes size and not get phased. Suddenly, some guy throws some weak as punch/kick that looks like something you do on the grade school playground and he falls flat on his face?

Again, I think Kimbo is a joke fighter (I mean I wouldn't fuck with him on the street but ya know, I don't fight), but that looked so hokey I have a hard time buying it.

Throughout the whole night, they were commenting on how Slice and his people knew nothing about Petruzelli and had no strategy. Even when Slice was interviewed prior to the match all he could say was "I'm gonna do what I gotta do" or some cop-out answer like that.

Slice is a prick and I'm glad he got knocked the fuck out. Weak punches and kicks or not from Petruzelli, Slice got owned and he needed it.

I was rooting for Shamrock the whole time and was bummed to hear he had to withdraw. I am sure that Slice got the whole "add insult to injury" feeling of embarrasment from this defeat. First Shamrock withdraws, then he gets his ass handed to him by a relatively unknown.

Throughout the whole night, they were commenting on how Slice and his people knew nothing about Petruzelli and had no strategy. Even when Slice was interviewed prior to the match all he could say was "I'm gonna do what I gotta do" or some cop-out answer like that.

Slice is a prick and I'm glad he got knocked the fuck out. Weak punches and kicks or not from Petruzelli, Slice got owned and he needed it.

I was rooting for Shamrock the whole time and was bummed to hear he had to withdraw. I am sure that Slice got the whole "add insult to injury" feeling of embarrasment from this defeat. First Shamrock withdraws, then he gets his ass handed to him by a relatively unknown.

I will say I was glad he lost. He didn't shake the dudes hand before or anything. And no offense but how much prep does Kimbo need for a fight? "Okay Slice, you're gonna go out there and punch. Then you keep punching until you knock the guy out"

I was at a bar and this was on the TV. I was in mid-conversation when a friend of mine told me it was about to start, I hadn't even gracefully excused myself to go watch before I heard a chorus of excited "OOOOOOHHHHHHH"s and that was it.

I don't know much about MMA fighting, but (at the time) it looked to me like Kimbo slipped, and the guy with the Benji Madden hair just capitalized on it, and the ref stopped it. I've seen other MMA fights go on similarly for way longer without being stopped, it was kind of weak.

But now that I've reviewed the animated gif a few times, yeah, it looks like a fall. still weak though.