i facepalmed tonight at work

so i was making small talk like usual with customers and the usual topic was the debate, which usually would go more in depth and i was surprised how many repubs at least told me they were considering obama or voting for him. and most were actually knowledgeable about the issues and the candidates stances. then this one guy, who i usually get along with just fine and everything, says to me "that nigger wants to take my guns!". couldn't believe what i was hearing.

That's rough.

In my Western Civilization class (it was the first day) my prof was showing us how he wanted us to do our "who, what, where, when" note cards and used Sarah Palin as an example. The girl next to me whispered "Who is Sarah Palin?"

She kept trying to talk to me during the duration of the class...I guess she wanted to be my friend or something. everything that came out of her mouth was just even more stupid because after I explained who Palin was she tried to talk politics. My head hurt from headdesking so much.

last year i had a teacher who was in a wheelchair. first day of class, we're all there pretty early (it was a big lecture hall) and he comes in the back door and starts wheeling up to the stage in the front. i was sitting a couple seats away from this black kid (i'm not racist, and normally i wouldn't even comment on somebody's race, but it makes the story kind of funny) and when the teacher got up to the stage and the kid close to me realized it was the teacher, the kid stands up and goes "aw shit, yous handicapped!!!" and walked out of the lecture hall and didn't come back.

it was the weirdest situation i've ever had in a classroom.

last year i had a teacher who was in a wheelchair.

My freshman year of high school, I had a substitute teacher in a motorized scooter, who was ~4 feet tall and had somewhat of a tilted head. Her name was Ms. Derr.

Horrible name given her circumstances.

My 10th grade Calculus teacher was in a wheelchair..Mr. Herpin... that motherfucker rocked.. he'd stop fights in the hall by grabbing one of the kids and pinning them up against the wall with his chair..he was a bad ass and one hell of a nice guy.

so i was making small talk like usual with customers and the usual topic was the debate, which usually would go more in depth and i was surprised how many repubs at least told me they were considering obama or voting for him. and most were actually knowledgeable about the issues and the candidates stances. then this one guy, who i usually get along with just fine and everything, says to me "that nigger wants to take my guns!". couldn't believe what i was hearing.

Did you respond with, "Dude that's ignorant. That half nigger wants to take your guns"?

I mean, beat him at his own game at least.

Did you respond with, "Dude that's ignorant. That half nigger wants to take your guns"?

I mean, beat him at his own game at least.

i feel bad, but i laughed. I hope i'm not racist :-/

speaking of black people, the place where I work is in the train station so you get a plethora of crazies. Well today's noteworthy crazy was a black man sitting on the bench nearby shouting about how much he hated white people, etc. etc. He came up and demanded I give him coffee because he was completely positive that my ancestors owned slaves and it was only proper.

I told him that most of my ancestors are Asian and native American or poor Irish immigrants. He kept harassing my customers and the transit police came and hauled him away. They also made sure to send the black cops.

Just another day at work. I really wish I was making this up.