have you ever

I reached a whole new level of laziness the other day. I was listening to a record when I realised there was football (or soccer) on the TV. I thought about having the game on mute whilst I listened to the record but I had only just sat down after putting the a side on of the record. I then thought to myself I'll only have to get up again to put the b side on so I'll conserve my energy and put the game on when I turn the record over and just watch the game on my phone untill then.

Since vinyl has always been the only format for me at home, I'm completely used to it. Doesn't bother me at all.

What used to bother me was when I had an automatic turntable as a kid and the arm would automatically return to the base if you didn't catch it the instant the record was over. I imagine some people find that convenient, but I found it maddening.

Since vinyl has always been the only format for me at home, I'm completely used to it. Doesn't bother me at all.

What used to bother me was when I had an automatic turntable as a kid and the arm would automatically return to the base if you didn't catch it the instant the record was over. I imagine some people find that convenient, but I found it maddening.

I thought all turntables had the arm return to the base after the side finished? Some tables keep spinning with the needle in the dead space?

I thought all turntables had the arm return to the base after the side finished? Some tables keep spinning with the needle in the dead space?

I've owned a ton of turntables over the years. It seemed to be about 50/50 whether or not it had the arm return. It seemed like it was a feature on the cheaper turntables but that may have just been my experiences. These days I don't think they're making very many turntables with the arm return. But I could be wrong.

Every so often I leave a room with a record playing and find it a few hours later still spinning and I always want to punch myself. One time I let one go for about 14 hours and it dug a visible groove in the record.

that sucks, did it fuck up the needle too?

Not terribly but I replaced it about a week later because there was a noticeable difference in sound.