Heavens - Patent Pending LP up for pre-order now.

Joe just called me and said he is shipping the records today to me so that means I won't get copies in til Monday. Super bummed on him as he has had the records for almost a month now. sorry for the delay in getting them to all of you.

Joe just called me and said he is shipping the records today to me so that means I won't get copies in til Monday. Super bummed on him as he has had the records for almost a month now. sorry for the delay in getting them to all of you.

not your fault that he doesnt know what he is doing.

so i left a message on the Heavens blog with a picture of the vinyl and "wow, nice artwork." got this reply back:

"Title: Sarcasm?

I honestly couldn't tell...myself and all of my friends thought it looked a lot better than some terrible photo of a girl that neither of us know. The original cover has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. I originally wanted the cover to look like Brian Eno's Music For Airports but the label vetoed it because "it would be hard to market". I figured that since I had the chance to undo the wrongness of the cd/digital release I would do it in a style that I liked. It's an electronic rock record, it should look like something a dj would play. "

interesting

Guest falloutcollapse
so i left a message on the Heavens blog with a picture of the vinyl and "wow, nice artwork." got this reply back:

"Title: Sarcasm?

I honestly couldn't tell...myself and all of my friends thought it looked a lot better than some terrible photo of a girl that neither of us know. The original cover has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. I originally wanted the cover to look like Brian Eno's Music For Airports but the label vetoed it because "it would be hard to market". I figured that since I had the chance to undo the wrongness of the cd/digital release I would do it in a style that I liked. It's an electronic rock record, it should look like something a dj would play. "

interesting

I hate people like this.

I just sent back this reply:

"

Yeah, it was sarcasm. I happen to love the 'Music For Airports' cover so I agree with you and wished it had gone in that direction. I didn't mind the artwork for the CD release. The record was dark and so was the artwork. Although I agree that it could have been better.

I think that most people's complaint (myself included) is with the lack of style that the DJ sleeve has. A big reason in why I collect vinyl from bands I enjoy has to do with the packaging and the artwork being on a more grand scale. So if I'm going to spend ~$18 on a record I usually expect more than a white DJ sleeve.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I just think that a lot of people got frustrated with all the delays (which I'm sure were not your fault, shit's complicated) and then were sort of let down with the final product. I'm sure it sounds amazing but I'm guessing that's what people were thinking.

Ah well, best wishes man.

John"

hahaha he gave me the same reply to my comment on the artwork as well... lolzors

yeah, we're going back and forth about the record for most of the afternoon. i'm going to leave the rest in my inbox though, no use posting the rest of it here.

any luck on those WH test presses?

hahaha he gave me the same reply to my comment on the artwork as well... lolzors

yeah, we're going back and forth about the record for most of the afternoon. i'm going to leave the rest in my inbox though, no use posting the rest of it here.

any luck on those WH test presses?

You can't tease us like that. You've got to post them.

Guest scriptedrain

Heads Up:

He deleted the MySpace post about the vinyl. It had 3 comments against the artwork. I don't have the comment I left since he deleted it, but this was his response to me:

"Just to start, I'm writing this email in a very happy and zen matter...but who spent $18? The record was $15.99...minus $3.50 for shipping and the box it came in. I pay $9.99 for 12"s that usually only have two songs on it with absolutely no artwork. I designed the sticker, put it on the dj sleeve and hand numbered it. It's not like a label put it out, it's almost more of a piece of art than your average record. Since there's only 1000 of them and there's no way I would ever deal with the hassle putting out this record was ever again it might become collectable. Sell it on ebay in a year when Alkaline Trio's major label debut comes out!