Joe the Plumber

It is ridiculous that American's continue to hold on to the myth that one day they too will be rich. Here's the truth, most of us will stay in the same place for our entire lives (class wise). Let go of your blinding fairytales so we can get down to brass tax about what is decent for lower classes and why wealthier individuals should pay more in taxes. Better yet, redistribute their wealth.

It is ridiculous that American's continue to hold on to the myth that one day they too will be rich. Here's the truth, most of us will stay in the same place for our entire lives (class wise). Let go of your blinding fairytales so we can get down to brass tax about what is decent for lower classes and why wealthier individuals should pay more in taxes. Better yet, redistribute their wealth.

I make over $125,000 a year but Barrack the Hater wants to keep me from owning my own business...What a terrorist queer.

And his question to Mr. Obama about paying taxes? According to some tax analysts, if Mr. Wurzelbacher’s gross receipts from his business is $250,000 — and not his taxable income — then he would not have to pay higher taxes under Mr. Obama’s plan, and probably would be eligible for a tax cut.

the tax obama wants to have is upon families and individuals who make over $250,000, no where does it say businesses. at least, not what I recall. So if his business makes over $250,000... i dont think he's got anything to worry about.

If his business is a sole proprietorship its basically the same as him, in which case the taxes would apply; not sure on corporate tax though.

And his question to Mr. Obama about paying taxes? According to some tax analysts, if Mr. Wurzelbacher’s gross receipts from his business is $250,000 — and not his taxable income — then he would not have to pay higher taxes under Mr. Obama’s plan, and probably would be eligible for a tax cut.

I agree with that, in fact Michael Moore wrote basically that same thing in his book "Dude, Where's My Country?" However, wealth re-distribution is silly and not needed. People who make more should contribute more but to equate that with wealth distribution is silly. Like it or not most people who make a ton, earned it. I think they deserve to live a nice rich life.

the tax obama wants to have is upon families and individuals who make over $250,000, no where does it say businesses. at least, not what I recall. So if his business makes over $250,000... i dont think he's got anything to worry about.

If his business is a sole proprietorship its basically the same as him, in which case the taxes would apply; not sure on corporate tax though.

even as a sole proprietorship, you're not taxed on gross income, you're taxed on the income after expenses. So even if he makes $300,000, if he manages to have $50,001 in expenses (anything at all related to business, van purchases, building rental, salaries, benefits, etc) that will put his taxable income down below that cut off point and give him a tax break.

If he runs a business like that, chances are he'll have WAY more than $50,000 in a year in expenses

even as a sole proprietorship, you're not taxed on gross income, you're taxed on the income after expenses. So even if he makes $300,000, if he manages to have $50,001 in expenses (anything at all related to business, van purchases, building rental, salaries, benefits, etc) that will put his taxable income down below that cut off point and give him a tax break.

If he runs a business like that, chances are he'll have WAY more than $50,000 in a year in expenses

Very true.

I agree with that, in fact Michael Moore wrote basically that same thing in his book "Dude, Where's My Country?" However, wealth re-distribution is silly and not needed. People who make more should contribute more but to equate that with wealth distribution is silly. Like it or not most people who make a ton, earned it. I think they deserve to live a nice rich life.

Yes, but the reality is a fair amount of people are hard working, able people who don't have the same opportunities for advancement and/or the skills considered most valued. So it's fair to say that some of them earned it and deserve, but that does not discount others who are weighted with burdens they can not afford.