Vinyl Vlog - EPISODE TWO OUT NOW!

[image]

So Ken(user Valentine) and I have started something called Vinyl Vlog.

Think waynes world, meets vinyl file, meets suburban home interviews!

We are currently planning to release a new episode once every two week that will include any or all of the following:

Reviews of Records,

Interviews,

Tips and Hints,

Skits

and all of these will revolve around vinyl.

Our first Episode contains a review of the Dopamines LP and an interview with Chuck Ragan!

Please check out us out here:

http://www.myspace.com/vinylvlog

or

http://www.vimeo.com/1989346

Please be kind, this is our first attempt and hopefully we'll get better. Any and all feedback is welcomed!

Vinyl Vlog

First Press

Episode Two

http://www.vimeo.com/2087152

http://myspace.com/vinylvlog

Episode Two Contains:

Tips on purchasing vinyl at shows(fest)

Interviews with:(Kiss Of Death/No Idea Records)

Serious Genusises

Young Livers

Witches With Dicks

RSS COMING SOON!

I like the idea, I look forward to seeing more. A few suggestions though as far as production. Lighting and audio go a long way. Obviously you aren't trying to make a pro-show at this point but with little effort and little to no money you can improve the quality of the production. One example I saw right off the bat. You were sitting in front of a tv/monitor. Notice you guys looked really dark but the screen was bright behind you? If you were going to do that again you would want to have brighter lights in front of you so the backlighting of the Tv doesn't darken the subjects(you).

This isn't a criticism as much as just kind of brainstorming, personally what I watched and your description doesn't really feel like a vlog to me. It feels more like an actual web show. If your goals are to keep it going and improve upon it perhaps having vlog in the name may prove to be limiting in the future.

definitely keep it up though, you'll find your shows noticably improving from episode to episode. Also make sure you watch them yourselves for a while after the editing process. Look out for what works, what feels awkward or forced. It'll help you to find your rythms on camera resulting in a more polished show.

this was legitimately cool. and yes, you said "geeked" and "um" a bunch in the interview with chuck, but i'm sure it was just because you were nervous. who wouldn't be at first interviewing somebody you idolize? the more famous people you interview, the easier it will become. chuck was a great one to start with though, he's a super nice guy.

most of your questions were interesting and he gave good answers, but try to limit the amount of "yes" or "no" questions you ask. chuck was cool about it and elaborated because he wasn't going to be a dick and he knew what you wanted from him, but there were a few instances where you asked like "were you excited about _______?" and he totally could have just said "yes" and been done with it. the more thought you put in to asking your questions, generally the more thought they'll put in to their answers.

overall, though, real solid job. pretty good for episode 1, can't wait to see more.

so far loving the comments/suggestions guys.

regards to lighting, yes we learned that the hard way. we thought it would be cool to have the logo in the back but as you can see the "couch" part of the review is so much clearer. We tried to put lighting in front of the TV but it just wouldn't work correctly with our shitty camera.

interview: chuck was awesome, i was a total noob, hopefully ken is actually present next time for the interview. also proper questions would be an A+ wouldn't they...

finally, VLOG...yea well what can you do...we won't let "labels" hold us down.