Vinyl Collective Update 10/21/08 - PLEASE READ

Guest admin1338560633

Today is a big day for many reasons, so I figured I would hip you to what is hip/happening at VC:

* Tuesday, October 21st (TODAY!) is the street date for Joey Cape's "Bridge", Useless I.D.'s "Lost Broken Bones", and Two Cow Garage's "Speaking in Cursive". We are working on a page that has a mixtape of songs from all the releases as well as links to mp3s, podcasts, and places to purchase the albums. Punknews has posted the full album stream for Useless I.D. and should soon be posting streams for Joey Cape and Two Cow Garage. Stay tuned! If you haven't picked up copies, what are you waiting for? Get them from us or your favorite mom and pop shop.

* Today is also the day that we post the pre-order for Dillinger Four's "Midwestern Songs of the Americas" and "Versus God". There will be 2 colors for each album out of an edition of 1,000 copies (300 of one color, 700 of the other color), and there will be a deluxe set involving a shirt, a coozie, a button, and a pint glass (featuring a doublewhiskeycokenoice theme).Let's go with 2pm Mountain Time Zone.

* As you can see from the photos of Every Time I Die, Two Cow Garage, Heavy Heavy Low Low, and Boys Night Out, all of the records turnd out great. They should all be shipping out this week. Between those records shipping out, we wil also be shipping out the Tim Barry CD, vinyl, and deluxe sets, the Revival Road vinyl, and the deluxe sets for Two Cow Garage. It is pretty insane at our warehouse right now.

* Shotgunators are selling fast. We only have 30 of the 100 we posted yesterday available. Get one while you can (those going to the Fest, we are also bringing down 100 down to the Fest).

* We got in more Screeching Weasel Boogada on blue vinyl, if you haven't yet got one, you should soon. They won't be around much longer.

* I am starting to put together all the records we plan to sell at the Fest. If there is something in particular you want us to bring, please tell us. Your feedback will help us figure out how much stuff to bring. We also have some Vinyl Collective/Fest shirts being printed as well as a special edition SH/VC/Fest coozie.

I am still freaking out from a postcard that I got from an amazing singer/songwriter asking if I would be interested in putting out a 7". Any guesses? If you can guess correctly, I will give you a $15 gift certificate to Vinyl Collective. Happy Tuesday!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that D4 the one w/ the penguins on the cover?

the one with the penguin on it is the new album, Civil War. we are doing midwestern songs and versus god, 2 of my absolute faves.

What is going on with the All Aboard records? Today is the street date, right? Did they ship yet?

My order still shows that it hasn't shipped and there haven't been any updates on the front page yet either.

I hope they ship soon though, at some point today there is going to be a full album stream on punknews.org I believe.