What to do? (yahoo fantasy football dishonesty?)

My (now former) buddy is the commissioner of our fantasy football league. This week he had AP on his bench and Thomas Jones in. I watched the scores all day and AP was on the bench, until 3:30, when he went in (after a big game). Peterson's game started at 1:00, so the only way he could have gone in was a commissioner change, which is not to be used lightly.

I called him out on it. His excuse was that his computer at work is from 1985, was really slow, and he made the change before games started, but we didn't see it until 2 and a half hours later. I told him I didn't believe this. Now he has been blasting my character on the board saying telling me to fuck off for not giving him the benefit of the doubt and that he would never try and cheat his friends (this is a money league). I never would have suspected he could do this before Sunday, but he still has not come up with a better excuse than his computer is slow.

Anyone want to weigh in on this? We're all friends in the league and no one wants to take sides in a fight between two friends, so it has turned into a one on one war of words between me and him. I'd like to get some impartial opinions. How would you handle this?

He shouldn't get credit for AP, no question about it.

His reason is BS and anyone who has a slight understanding of computers should know that. If you want to copy this feel free to.

Regardless of how slow your computer is, Fantasy Football runs via the Internet, sure it can be slightly slower with ads, Flash, and other objects loading. If anything his work PC is probably connected to a T1 service, which can in theory be faster than most DSL and cable connections.

When changing your lineup and pressing "submit" or whatever the data is being sent to the league's servers and the change is made. This has no bearing on how fast the computer is.

Your buddy made a mistake and he has to pay the consequences.

No this is on a league I do with my friends from high school.

To the first response, the commish in Yahoo has the power to change lineups after the games have started. So, he is saying he changed his lineup before 1:00, it took 2 and a half hours to get to the yahoo server, and by the time it got there the game had started, so it became a "commissioner change" not a normal lineup change. I still say BS.

Also, he changed his lineup back. When someone cheats, though, I don't think you can let him just change it back and say everything is ok. There should be some kind of consequences, but it's not my league and I have no power to do anything, except blast him on the message board.

No this is on a league I do with my friends from high school.

To the first response, the commish in Yahoo has the power to change lineups after the games have started. So, he is saying he changed his lineup before 1:00, it took 2 and a half hours to get to the yahoo server, and by the time it got there the game had started, so it became a "commissioner change" not a normal lineup change. I still say BS.

His excuse that he submitted it prior to 1, but it didn't take effect until after is complete BS! Yahoo would have timed out within a few minutes.

Tell this dude that he shouldn't be using computers if can't get a basic grasp on how they work. Keep nailing him w/ this stuff and see what else blows up in his face.

it sounds BS.

i guess yahoo doesnt have in the transactions section all the commish activities? if he made the move using commish powers after the game, it should show up. i know when you change settings it posts a note somewhere.

It says "so and so changes team lineup for week 7" but it doesn't say who he changed, or when.

Since you all are with me I feel better about calling him out on it. He won't admit he was wrong, and probably never will. I'm just going to end my friendship with the guy (not just because he cheated, he said some pretty bad things to me) and definitely never do a fantasy league he is in. If I had the power, he would forfeit the season. I don't, so I'm not going to try.

it sounds BS.

i guess yahoo doesnt have in the transactions section all the commish activities? if he made the move using commish powers after the game, it should show up. i know when you change settings it posts a note somewhere.

It says "so and so changes team lineup for week 7" but it doesn't say who he changed, or when.

Since you all are with me I feel better about calling him out on it. He won't admit he was wrong, and probably never will. I'm just going to end my friendship with the guy (not just because he cheated, he said some pretty bad things to me) and definitely never do a fantasy league he is in. If I had the power, he would forfeit the season. I don't, so I'm not going to try.

I think you should totally just end that friendship solely on fantasy football cheating and NOT on what he said to you. and you should tell him that too.

Here's what you do. This advice is giving solely on the basis of it's effectiveness, not it's probability.

Tell your friend he's forced you to drastic measures in order to maintain your friendship. Say you value him more than Fantasy Football and you won't let a silly game come between you. He'll think he's won and everything is cool. Now is when you strike.

First, go to Spencers or some goof ass gift shop and buy one of those Necklace sets that say BFF when you put them together but separately they just say BF or F or some shit. This is important.

First, go over to his house and take a picture of the necklace in front of his house. It's key that he can ID the necklace and his house. Maybe take the picture in front of the address or over his window with the inside in the background. Save the pictures.

Then, fly out to Chicago and mail him the pictures. Then find and kneecap Adrian Peterson (don't bitch to me about how, I'm just giving you the path, you find out how to walk it). Take pictures of him all crippled and shit from your kneecaping. If you wand you can even teabag him or do some really embarrassing shit (not necessary but how often and you say you did that?). Then mail the pictures of you Kneecaping AP and the other half of the necklace to your friend.

With the time it takes to get there he'll probably have already heard of the injury on the news. Then when he see's the pictures and the necklace he'll know what you're willing to go through for your friendship and you'll be BFF forevers!