De-Loused In The Comatorium

inutil

Damn, this record reminds me of living in my college dorm, smoking in the showers (ventilation), and an all out party year in 2003-04. I wish I had gotten this record on vinyl way back when.

It was one the first records I ordered when I got to school for my freshman year. Good memories.

Their best for sure. I remember talking to Sonny about how there's no track listings on the record. I had no idea what order the songs go in, which is kind of important considering it's a "concept album." Sonny agreed, but said the band wanted it that way, and he sent me a CD so I could figure it out.

GSL was one of the raddest labels ever. RIP>

The vinyl for Deloused came out well after the cd was released. It actually came out after "Frances The Mute" was released in 2005. Which makes even less sense of why it's sold out.

it sold out because everyone realized this would be the only record of theirs worth purchasing on wax . . . .

The vinyl for Deloused came out well after the cd was released. It actually came out after "Frances The Mute" was released in 2005. Which makes even less sense of why it's sold out.

That doesn't sound right. I feel like I remember getting it before that.

In fact, I believe it came out on LP around the time "Scab Dates" was released.

No way. I got it a long time ago. Before I even knew about scab dates, or frances the mute. I remember buying it that winter of 2003 for a friend for Christmas. And I picked it up for myself earlier.

Gold Standard Labs says:

GSL75

The Mars Volta

De-Loused in the Comatoriuim

2xLP

Year: 2003-2006

Color /format: silver 12"

(approx.10,000 produced)

No way. I got it a long time ago. Before I even knew about scab dates, or frances the mute. I remember buying it that winter of 2003 for a friend for Christmas. And I picked it up for myself earlier.

Gold Standard Labs says:

GSL75

The Mars Volta

2xLP

(approx.10,000 produced)

Hmmm... weird. I owned a record store from 1999 until a few months ago. I know that we weren't able to order it until around the time Scab Dates was released. Perhaps they did an initial run of 1,000 in 2003 and then a larger run or two in 2005-2006?

Gold Standard Labs says:

GSL75

The Mars Volta

2xLP

(approx.10,000 produced)

Hmmm... weird. I owned a record store from 1999 until a few months ago. I know that we weren't able to order it until around the time Scab Dates was released. Perhaps they did an initial run of 1,000 in 2003 and then a larger run or two in 2005-2006?

Which store did you own?