What video games have you been playing?

I've been playing the new NBA Jam and Goldeneye remakes on Wii. Both are super fun. I actually had a bunch of friends over to play some old 4player split screen Goldeneye on the weekend. Shit got pretty intense to say the least. Also been on the online multiplayer like 2-3 hrs a day since it came out last week. Game is suuuuuuuper fun and the controls are hella tight.

Guest eriathomas

I'm starting the campaign over on normal. It sucks the game does not tell you what level you have beaten on which setting, so when I do I decided to try veteran again I'll have to start all over.

I also like the little Smash TV Easter Egg in the menu.

What's everyone running online? My favorite so far is;

MP5K w/ Red dot and Silencer.

Perks:

Ghost Pro, Mercenary Pro, Marathon.

amazing how in give or take 24 hours, that some losers are already up in the 30's in black ops multiplayer. do people realize there is actually a singe player campaign in these games.

single player always sucks compared to multiplayer in COD games. I'm at about level 19 now, played about four hours.

Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to get into a game online? They all lag or timeout.

YES! I got off work an hour and a half early to go home and play this once I had received confirmation that UPS had delivered it. I skipped the campaign and went straight for an online free for all. It said that it found some games... tried to join them and when it couldn't it just stuck me in a lobby by myself waiting for other players to join which never happened. 5 minutes later (and a whole heck of a lot of cursing and yelling) I just quit the damn lobby and tried a team deathmatch game. That finally worked. Super annoying considering MW2 can get you into a free for all game in under a minute.

So far I definitely don't like it as much as MW2 but there's new maps and new weapons to play with so I'll stick with it I suppose. Not a fan of the unlocking system. If I've "unlocked" something I should be able to use it not have to pay for it with some stupid points. That just takes time away from the game itself. I'd rather be runnin' and gunnin' than screwing around with my loadouts...

I don't like having to buy the gun after it is unlocked, but I do like being able to pick and choose the attachments I want. I almost never use the thermal/ACOG scopes, so I can just avoid them outright.

I have been using the M16 with the red dot for now, waiting to unlock some more guns (I think I am only rank 10)...

Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to get into a game online? They all lag or timeout.

YES! I got off work an hour and a half early to go home and play this once I had received confirmation that UPS had delivered it. I skipped the campaign and went straight for an online free for all. It said that it found some games... tried to join them and when it couldn't it just stuck me in a lobby by myself waiting for other players to join which never happened. 5 minutes later (and a whole heck of a lot of cursing and yelling) I just quit the damn lobby and tried a team deathmatch game. That finally worked. Super annoying considering MW2 can get you into a free for all game in under a minute.

So far I definitely don't like it as much as MW2 but there's new maps and new weapons to play with so I'll stick with it I suppose. Not a fan of the unlocking system. If I've "unlocked" something I should be able to use it not have to pay for it with some stupid points. That just takes time away from the game itself. I'd rather be runnin' and gunnin' than screwing around with my loadouts...

Yeah but once you get the points and unlock the shit you can just build on what you like..it spretty cool..i NEVEr have to get sniper rifles or anything which is great.

Yeah but once you get the points and unlock the shit you can just build on what you like..it spretty cool..i NEVEr have to get sniper rifles or anything which is great.

I never thought of it like that. That actually is kind of nice. There were plenty of things I unlocked in MW2 that I never used.

I'm really missing being able to have the shotgun as a secondary weapon. I'd generally use either the M1014 shotgun or the M83 pistol... I guess I'll just have to get used to using a pistol all the time.

Guest eriathomas

I can't get better then a 2 bar connection in this game, and it really sucks since it looks like I shoot the shit out people, and the kill cam just shows me getting shot. Not diggin' it too much online.

Fuck Black Ops on Veteran. The checkpoints suck, and the hit detection sucks. I can pump an entire ak-47 clip into someone then he turns around and hits me. FUCK THIS GAME.

the truth. it's going to take me forever to beat the campaign at the rate I'm going. fuck it, I might have to drop down to a lower difficulty.

Guest eriathomas

I gave up and started over on regular. It sucks that the game won't let you skip cutscenes, or tell you which levels you have already completed on which difficulty. I'll do a veteran run again once I beat it and know what's going on better since some of the objectives are not that well spelled out (like knocking over the napalm in Vietnam, when then objective marker tells you to go the hill).

Guest eriathomas
anyone else here play Lost Odyssey?

Yes sir. Great game.

Fuck Black Ops. I'm at a part that's broken in the campaign. I'm at the marker on a roof and there is no where to go. Worst game ever.

I've been playing the new NBA Jam and Goldeneye remakes on Wii. Both are super fun. I actually had a bunch of friends over to play some old 4player split screen Goldeneye on the weekend. Shit got pretty intense to say the least. Also been on the online multiplayer like 2-3 hrs a day since it came out last week. Game is suuuuuuuper fun and the controls are hella tight.

I just got the Special Edition on ebay...hopefully it gets here soon. I'll let you know when I get it and we can jump into an online game together.

Guest eriathomas

I'm done with Black ops. The online sucks in it. I can't get better then a two bar, too much spawn trapping, and every TDM I seem to spawn around the other team every fucking time. I'm done. I wanted to 1000g it, but the wager matches all suck and are more frustrating then fun. Back to MW2 once I beat it on veteran and finish all the single player achievements.

Motherfucking Octodad!

Why am I not already playing this?!?!

"Octodad is a third person adventure game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human, as he goes about a day of his life. His existence is a constant struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy boneless tentacles while simultaneously keeping his cephalopodian nature a secret from his human family."