What video games have you been playing?

Anyone planning on picking up COD: Black Ops? I know it's not being made by Infinity Ward but by some other development team called Treyarch (or something) that made COD: World At War (which I haven't played). I'm starting to get a little bored with the weapon selection and maps in MW2 so hopefully this will give me something new and interesting to work with.

Try Prestieging and starting over, that can make it fun again and challening

Challenging I can see, but not fun. I'd miss my M16 and Striker...

Guest eriathomas

I'm not going to Prestige at all in Black Ops. I did it 2 or 3 times in MW2 and didn't care for the new challenge. I hated how all of your challenges start over, since it'd be impossible to get them before you hit level 70.

Canceled my Black Ops order, my xbox is not reading discs too well. :/

This happened to me about a year ago with my old Xbox. I opened it up and polished the lens that reads the discs and it worked great. Make sure to clean up the rails of the disc drive too. If you plan on working on it yourself.

If it's the same problem I had you can fix it yourself with no problem.

Guest eriathomas
Canceled my Black Ops order, my xbox is not reading discs too well. :/

This happened to me about a year ago with my old Xbox. I opened it up and polished the lens that reads the discs and it worked great. Make sure to clean up the rails of the disc drive too. If you plan on working on it yourself.

If it's the same problem I had you can fix it yourself with no problem.

I still have a few months on my warrenty, so I don't feel like opening it. I've fixed a ton so it would be easy, but not going to mess with it until it stops reading discs completely. I think it might be for the best that I don't get the game anyway.

I got the MW2 Special Edition 360 since at the time they claimed it would be the only one to have a 250 GB hard-drive, which obviously was bullshit but I needed a new 360 at the time anyways.

Since the HD is so big, I install EVERYTHING before I play it. In the year I've had this 360, it has maybe spent 10 minutes reading a disc that wasn't installing. I really hope I never have an issue with it reading discs.

Guest eriathomas

Well, my xbox is dead. I tried to turn it on to watch a DVD and I got the RRoD. I had it once before, but it worked itself out after a few hours (I think a power surge did it). I'm just pissed since I'm like 15 hours into Resonance of Fate and don't want to have to take a long break.

Edit: I almost freaked the fuck out when it said my warranty was up Feb. 21 2009, but that was the standard part, still good until Feb. 21 2011 for RRoD. Now to wait for the label and find a secure box to ship it in.

I got the MW2 Special Edition 360 since at the time they claimed it would be the only one to have a 250 GB hard-drive, which obviously was bullshit but I needed a new 360 at the time anyways.

Since the HD is so big, I install EVERYTHING before I play it. In the year I've had this 360, it has maybe spent 10 minutes reading a disc that wasn't installing. I really hope I never have an issue with it reading discs.

Does installing a game make it so you don't need the disc in the drive to play it? That would be a nice thing so I don't have to switch discs so often for MW2 and Blur.

Does installing a game make it so you don't need the disc in the drive to play it? That would be a nice thing so I don't have to switch discs so often for MW2 and Blur.

Unfortunately, no.

After you install a game, it checks to see if the disc is in the drive before loading, but everything after that is loaded from the HD, which makes load times quicker for most games, and since the disc isn't spinning in the drive, my 360 is WAY quieter also.

Unfortunately, no.

After you install a game, it checks to see if the disc is in the drive before loading, but everything after that is loaded from the HD, which makes load times quicker for most games, and since the disc isn't spinning in the drive, my 360 is WAY quieter also.

Good reminder!!! I need to do this with my Halo Reach. I was so used to the uber fast load times of MW2 (which I do have saved to my HDD) that when I played Halo I was in agony having to wait forever for the damn game to load. Hopefully this will solve the problem (and keep my xbox from dying prematurely).

Guest eriathomas

Hoping to get my PS2 laser cleaned up tomorrow (hopefully it's just dirty and not dying from shitty DVD-Rs), and will restart Nocturne. I hate to start a RPG when I'm already playing one, but who knows how long it'll take to get my xbox back from MS.

Anyone else having weird little bugs with New Vegas? I installed it to my HD and everything... I'm guessing it's just minor hiccups that will get patched later, but I'm curious if this is happening to anyone else.

I have read that there are a ton of bugs causing freezing and getting stuck on objects. Hopefully they patch it soon for everyone.