Lyrics you've misheard

I'll go first.

In Refused's "New Noise," at the end of the song, even though I know Dennis Lxyzen is screaming, "THE NEW BEAT! THE NEW BEAT!" from the first time I heard the song over a decade ago, I've always secretly thought he was really screaming, "THANK YOU PETE! THANK YOU PETE!"

Who "Pete" in this situation would be, I have no idea.

What about you?

I'll go first.

In Refused's "New Noise," at the end of the song, even though I know Dennis Lxyzen is screaming, "THE NEW BEAT! THE NEW BEAT!" from the first time I heard the song over a decade ago, I've always secretly thought he was really screaming, "THANK YOU PETE! THANK YOU PETE!"

Who "Pete" in this situation would be, I have no idea.

What about you?

I know it wasn't this, but I always sang "The Noob! The Noob"

Buck-O-Nine - "My Town"

I thought for the longest time that he was saying "reggae music coming from the n***er across from me" (rather than "neighbor").

I remember thinking how weird it was, especially since it got a fair amount of radio play.

Turns out I'm retarded.

I was gonna post this exact same thing. Turns out you're not the only one that's retarded.

Years ago I used to listen to this song on the radio called "Undo Me" and I always thought that the lady was singing to "Toomie" who was a local radio DJ at the time and I thought it was cool but I was a bit confused as to why a singer from some random place in the US would sing about a radio DJ from Spokane.

Speaking of Saves The Day, in "Kaleidoscope" on the new album, there's a line where Chris sings, "The look I saw come upon your face is frozen there each time I blink." But the first time (and now every subsequent time) I heard it, I didn't hear the "the," so I thought he was singing, "Look, I saw cum up on your face, it's frozen there each time I blink."

Speaking of Saves The Day, in "Kaleidoscope" on the new album, there's a line where Chris sings, "The look I saw come upon your face is frozen there each time I blink." But the first time (and now every subsequent time) I heard it, I didn't hear the "the," so I thought he was singing, "Look, I saw cum up on your face, it's frozen there each time I blink."

i just listened to that song for the first time last night and thought he said the same thing, it was weird

recently i thought the gaslight anthems 59 sound "to hear the '59 sound, coming through my grandfathers radio."

but apparently its "grandmama's radio"....i still think it sounds like its grandfathers....at least in the album version.

I thought it was "grandfather's" on the record, too, but then when I did the acoustic session with Brian, he sang "grandmama's" instead.