happy birthday 'shape of punk to come'

i watched "refused are fuckin dead" the other day. just put it on randomly cause I was bored.

I honestly had given up on that DVD coming out by when it did...but daaaaaaaaaaaamn was it worth the wait...that's easily the best Band Related DVD I've yet to see (granted I havn't seen a whole lot, but still) blew me on my ass, so well put together and the choice of music and how it flowed...excellent DVD

the pro shot live videos are worth every penny

It was 2003 when I asked some random internet dude to suggest some music for me. He sent a few tracks, and New Noise was one of them, and even though I wasn't into anything remotely hard, I loved that song so much. I fell in love with the album in the next few weeks and its one of my favorites. I was about 5 years behind the curve, but I'm glad I've had 5 years with the record already.

Never heard this. Anyone want to list a couple bands I may know of that sound similar to this? I get the feeling it's a hardcore band...

i dont know how this is possible. you need to go get this record now

Not until someone lets me know what I would be buying. NOFX? Ramones? Clash? Black Flag? Help me out...

i dont know how this is possible. you need to go get this record now

Not until someone lets me know what I would be buying. NOFX? Ramones? Clash? Black Flag? Help me out...

http://www.punknews.org/bands/refused

You can listen to a few of the songs there. It's best to look to see what else was coming out around that time to get a better idea of how this release really changed things.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':5hhv64rt]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':5hhv64rt]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

i think it was either right after it came out or early 99 but a co-worker said a customer on his route had given him some cd's and i bought them off him for $3 a pop. refused "shape of punk to come", dropkick murphys "do or die". this dude was into really terrible rap and had no idea what these bands were. punk and hardcore would have made him cry.

quite a random deal but the refused cd is still one of the best random buys i've ever made. i picked up flames of discontent, everlasting, etc over the years. i still need to buy the 'refused are fucking dead' dvd. dammit! stop reminding me i need to spend money ;) and i still need to pickup the 'shape of punk to come' vinyl....eventually.

I know this might be a bit off topic, but how weird is it that Enema of the State is gonna be 10 years old next year?

Seems like All The Small Things was on TRL yesterday.

I remember having no knowledge that blink had a new record coming out and going to sleep laaaate one night and the video for "What's My Age Again" was apparently premiering. I remember being on the brink of sleep and hearing Mark's voice start out that song and thinking , "That sounds like blink-182" and rolled over and my eyes shot open. After the video I went to their website expecting it to still be the Dude-Ranch layout and it was all new...and I started flipping shit at like 2 or 3 a.m. and woke the parents up...they weren't happy that I was making so much noise

but seriously to whomever asked about Refused...seriously, one of the few blind purchases I'd recommend to anybody. just do that damn thing