Getting Gypped

I shipped something media mail, it took 5 weeks.

QFT

But seriously, yeah, this is the worse time of year to expect something going media-mail to arrive "promptly". Shit, when I get stuff from a distro one state over, it takes like 5 weeks. ALL THE TIME!

*kicks over some shit* WTF!

So why did he want to get your package before he sent his? If someone asked me to do that I would have assumed scam right then and there...

it's trade etiquette that whoever contacts the person who has a record that they want send the records from their end of the trade first, as a way to check that the person who did the contacting isn't a deadbeat. did that makes sense? it kinda looks like i was talking in circles. :P

So why did he want to get your package before he sent his? If someone asked me to do that I would have assumed scam right then and there...

it's trade etiquette that whoever contacts the person who has a record that they want send the records from their end of the trade first, as a way to check that the person who did the contacting isn't a deadbeat. did that makes sense? it kinda looks like i was talking in circles. :P

Exactly. I contacted him first, so I sent first. He didn't have to ask me to send first, I was going to anyway.

i got a package today that i've been waiting for since november. it happens. especially around christmas time. i'm surprised i got any packages at all last week.