NBA Discussion

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They've talked that they might still do a full season even if they have to cancel some early games because they can just extend it into the summer a little longer. I'm gonna be really upset if there isn't a season though. This is the best chance the Grizzlies have ever had and they just added to their explosiveness and bench depth by stealing Josh Selby at #50 in the draft. He's gonna be awesome and has consistently blown me away in all these summer leagues.

They've talked that they might still do a full season even if they have to cancel some early games because they can just extend it into the summer a little longer. I'm gonna be really upset if there isn't a season though. This is the best chance the Grizzlies have ever had and they just added to their explosiveness and bench depth by stealing Josh Selby at #50 in the draft. He's gonna be awesome and has consistently blown me away in all these summer leagues.

• 1 month later...

I stopped paying attention to the NBA in the mid to late nineties when they went on strike. Glad to know that was the correct decision. The fact these people are playing A GAME and are demanding to be paid even more money... absolutely infuriating.

I hope they all step on a Lego.

/old man rant over

I stopped paying attention to the NBA in the mid to late nineties when they went on strike. Glad to know that was the correct decision. The fact these people are playing A GAME and are demanding to be paid even more money... absolutely infuriating.

I hope they all step on a Lego.

/old man rant over

Well you have no idea what's going on with the lockout. No players are demanding more money at all.

Everything I've read regarding the lockout suggests that all players way more money...at least by virtue of the 57/43 split earnings anyway

The old CBA has the player getting 57/43 split of BRI (basketball related income). They immediately dropped down to 53% when the talks started and the owners want them to take 50% or less. It's all just posturing at this point waiting on who will give in. 95% of the new deal is done they just can't agree on the BRI pretty much. They just met for 15 hours today and still don't have it worked out and I think they are getting together tomorrow soon.

Just as I typed all that they announced over twitter that a deal is done.