NBA Discussion

Rumors of a Carmello for Bynum trade. I really hope this happens haha.

I doubt that happens. Denver already has Nene and Birdman and Bynum hasn't played a solid season in the last 4 years and is too injury prone. If he had a cheap contract that would be one thing but he's at like $15Mil a year. Denver also already said they weren't interested in Artest and Odem, which was another proposed deal. Denver should have taken NJs deal if they aren't going to work with the Knicks. However I think all this talk of going to the Lakers is just a big ploy to get NY to reconsider what they are offering. Denver is gonna want a 2 of these players, Gallinari, Chandler, and Fields. I heard them talking on NBA tonight about how even though those guys are good, they are definitely replaceable so NY will probably get moving to deal 2 of them.

Yea I dont think it will happen but I would love it if it did!

I know it's just the way the game goes, but I definitely feel bad for the Cleveland fans.. 8-44 and a 25 game losing streak, being a Sixers fan is rough, but this is a whole new level.

Yea its mainly cause of no LeBron, it just shows how bad that team really is without him. Verejao and Mo Williams have been hurt a lot too and they were the next best players on that team. Sucks for them, that owner must be losing his mind.

I'm betting Carmelo winds up in NY with Stoudemire. Nowadays you need to have at least 2 legitimate stars on your team to compete and having just Stoudemire alone in NY is almost a waste of his talent and pay check. NY has to make the move to get someone like Carmelo on the team to make them a factor in the East.

• 2 weeks later...

Excited to see what Blake Griffin pulls off tonite in the Dunk contest.

Last year's dunk contest was the worst one I can remember ever seeing. This one has to be better.

Anyone watch The Lost Dunks show that was on before this? A lot of great dunks I forgot about on there. Shawn Kemp was the man haha.

EDIT: First round of dunks was amazing! All 4 were great dunks.

Deal is done.

"Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

Anthony will go to New York, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman."

Im sure the Knicks will make the playoffs but I doubt they go very far this year. The trio of Amare, Mello and Felton is gonna be good for quite some time. Fields looks like he's gonna be pretty good as well. They will be a force starting next year, I think.

Mello is so damn good, I really think he's gonna be able to take the Knicks to that next level in the East with Boston, Miami, Chicago and Orlando.

EDIT: Whoops, just realized Felton was part of the trade. Oh well, Chauncey is a really good PG. He's getting old tho.

Didnt see the game but it sounds like Mello played well in his debut.

Some friends from NY on my Facebook were saying how its lame that all of a sudden all these people in NY are Knicks "fans" now since Mello came to town haha. I guess thats expected tho any time a team lands a player like that.

Also...Deron Williams to the Nets?? Didnt see that coming.

Kinda nice for the West now as the Nuggets and Jazz have taken themselves out of any contention for this year at least. Really its only the Lakers, Mavs and Spurs who have any shot at making it to the Finals tho. OKC is a fun team but they arent there just yet.

This is the craziest deadline.

OKC gets Kendrick Perkins, Nate Robinson and Nazr Mohammed.

Boston got Kristic and Jeff Green and a 2nd round from Cleveland.

Charlotte gets DJ White and Mo Peterson, Pryzbilla and two 1st round picks from Portland

Memphis gets Shane Battier and Josh McRoberts and 1 round pick.

Houston gets Hasheem Thabeet, Goran Dragic, and two 1st round picks (one from Mem one from Suns)

Suns get Aaron Brooks

Pacers get OJ Mayo (the Mayo for McRoberts+1st round wasn't submitted in time so it didn't happen both players stay on their respective teams)

Cleveland got Barron Davis, Semih Erden and Luke Harangody (Celtics trade Erden and Harangody for a 2nd round pick, dumbest trade of the deadline)

Clippers get Mo Williams and Jamario Moon.

Crazy.

Holy shit thats crazy!

I dont see that trade making Boston any better tho and of the teams involved there thats really the only team Im concerned with.

I'd be really worried about OKC. Perkins gives them a huge post presence and a lock down defender of bigs. Don't sleep on Mohammed either, he is pretty good athletic big and they still have Ibaka too. I have no idea what Boston is doing, unless it's to go after Dwight Howard in the future (when he becomes available) which I've heard might be a reason.

Edit: Forget what I said about Mohammed, I was confusing him with someone else. Mohammed isn't bad but he's 33 and not as athletic as I was thinking.

Holy shit thats crazy!

I dont see that trade making Boston any better tho and of the teams involved there thats really the only team Im concerned with.

I'd be really worried about OKC. Perkins gives them a huge post presence and a lock down defender of bigs. Don't sleep on Mohammed either, he is pretty good athletic big and they still have Ibaka too. I have no idea what Boston is doing, unless it's to go after Dwight Howard in the future (when he becomes available) which I've heard might be a reason.

Edit: Forget what I said about Mohammed, I was confusing him with someone else. Mohammed isn't bad but he's 33 and not as athletic as I was thinking.

I meant for this year Im not worried about any of those teams. Yea Perkins in OKC will be a big help but he needs to get healthy first. He's only played like 12 games this year. A lot of big guys that have leg problems just dont ever come back to being the same player they were so its very possible Perkins could stuggle with this injury for the rest of his career. If he can get healthy the trio of him, Duant and Westbrook could be great for a long time. That team is already on the verge of joining the elite in the West, I just dont think they are there yet.

Don't sleep on Memphis either if you're a Lakers fan. Honestly a lot of Memphis fans would rather have the Lakers than some of the other teams in the first round because we match up so well against them. I've never seen a Memphis team this stacked before. When the playoffs come around (barring any injuries) our team will be:

Starters: Mike Conley, Sam Young, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol

Bench: Tony Allen, Shane Battier, OJ Mayo, Darrell Arthur, Hammed Hadaddi, Jason Williams, Grevis Vasquez, Xavier Henry, and Ishmael Smith (plus maybe some PF/C they pick up from the D-league or gets bought out)

You can't tell me that's not gonna be a good series.